Has anyone done a 200T kit?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you do find a leak,, I’m sure you know abit of break/carb cleaner before using a bit of dirkco or your goto gasket gloop around the seal goes a long way to fix it ;)

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The spark arrestor just happened to fall out tonight, I forgot how much they really effected these 200T's. This thing is going to be an animal. Right now it is running rich and I think I have a bad seal on the clutch side. The carb surges and doesn't adjust like it should. I was skeptical about the Hiway seals I put in during assembly, they just didn't seem to fit as snug as I thought they should. I got ahead of myself and didn't do a pressure/ vacuum test like I should have. I just bought a Mighty Vac but like a dumb ass I didn't use it. Well I'll be home for the next couple weeks so I'll have time to work on it. I have new seals on the was just to make myself feel better. I hate it when I have self induced problems.
You gotz the right tools so why not do a pressure test maybe put OEM seals in. You have got this far you may as well make this as reliable & useful a saw as you can. If you can make a brand new 200T that functions well, that is a highly useful saw! And an enjoyable one at that to run. Whenever I fire up my shelved high hour 200t that has put more wood on the ground than most, it brings back memories....they just run so damn good.

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You gotz the right tools so why not do a pressure test maybe put OEM seals in. You have got this far you may as well make this as reliable & useful a saw as you can. If you can make a brand new 200T that functions well, that is a highly useful saw! And an enjoyable one at that to run. Whenever I fire up my shelved high hour 200t that has put more wood on the ground than most, it brings back memories....they just run so damn good.
Already have seals on order. I just had a dumb azz moment and forgot I even bought the presure/ vacuum tester. I guarantee that wont happen again. I can see this is going to be a good strong saw when all is said and done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mailman was good to me today! Pretty much everything I had on order came in. I replaced the seal on the clutch side, it came out when I pulled the oiler off. Put an OEM filter and oil line on and a new pump. It tested good so I fired it up and she purs like a kitten, kinda. Still need to do some carb tuning. I still think it could deliver more oil but I guess time will tell.

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been fighting the oiler problem for a while now. I replaced everything and still nothing. I could get oil through the hose by turning the saw on its side ans cracking the cap open. But as soon as I put it back together and started the saw no oil. How frustrating! Finally today I cracked the cap open while the saw was running and reved it up. Boy do we have oil now!

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So is your valve stuck, (you know the one i mean). ie not letting air in and you got a vacuum?
Part no 1128 640 9100
Either the valve is stuck/ junk or it was air locked, I will see when I fire it up check it again and do some cutting. I guess if it stops oiling again the likely culprit is the valve.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Either the valve is stuck/ junk or it was air locked, I will see when I fire it up check it again and do some cutting. I guess if it stops oiling again the likely culprit is the valve.

Hows the oiling issue?
I have run 3 tanks through mine now, i cut base for tighter squish, sanded the squish it was very uneven and advanced the timing 1/4 key or so, runs rly nice.
I also got some oiling issues, will check the plunger and vent. But i know its oiling some cus its much oil inside the clutch cover.

This helped some, the bar rested on the barstud so didnt seal properly. But still not enough oil i think...
20200412_171427.jpg
20200412_172205.jpg
20200412_172436.jpg

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I routinely fill the bar oil lines and passages using a squirt can with bar oil.

I have a second squirt can with mix oil for lubing main, rod and wrist pin bearings. Why start everything dry?

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well I have the tank vent replaced with an OEM and it will oil intermittently. I have an OEM pump on order but it will take at least two weeks to get here. When it does oil it still does not seem to put put enough oil on the bar. I have spent a lot of time looking at the oiling system both on and off the saw I have noticed that one of the worm gears I have is ever so lightly thinner than the other. So this led me to look closer at how the worm gear, pump, needle bearing and chain sprocket all work together. I have noticed a tiny bit of play and I think it could be just enough to cause the worm gear not to fully contact the gear in the pump all the time. If I rotate the sprocket while ensuring it is pushed in firmly it will push oil.

wiersy111

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Finally at long last the little saw oils like a pig!!! The OEM oiler I ordered finally showed up today I slapped it in and wah la we have oil on the bar and chain. So I have pretty much replaced every part of the oiling system on this saw with OEM. I was getting worried that this was going to end up being a pile of junk but persistence has paid off.

On a side note I had a small mishap one day while working on my 200T. I had the clutch cover off trying a couple things to get it oiling when I watched the clutch and drum spin right off and hit the ground. My fifth-wheel camper has been sitting next to the shop covered all winter. The clutch hit the ground and rolled under the camper. It looked like it just plopped down and lazily rolled. When I crawled under there I figured it would be easy to find, boy was I wrong. I looked on the other side of the camper nothing I looked every where I even possibly thought it could go for at least two hours. My son stopped by so I told him about it he laughed at me and called me a blind old fart. We looked more and just kept spreading out, after about half an hour we found the clutch about 125 feet away from the camper. Evidently it hit something under there and changed directions, the way it went it had to have just snuck by the wheels. We couldn't find the drum but hey I thought we did good finding the clutch. A couple days later my wife was cleaning the leaves out of her flower bed about 30 feet away from where we found the clutch and came across the drum!

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally at long last the little saw oils like a pig!!! The OEM oiler I ordered finally showed up today I slapped it in and wah la we have oil on the bar and chain. So I have pretty much replaced every part of the oiling system on this saw with OEM. I was getting worried that this was going to end up being a pile of junk but persistence has paid off.

On a side note I had a small mishap one day while working on my 200T. I had the clutch cover off trying a couple things to get it oiling when I watched the clutch and drum spin right off and hit the ground. My fifth-wheel camper has been sitting next to the shop covered all winter. The clutch hit the ground and rolled under the camper. It looked like it just plopped down and lazily rolled. When I crawled under there I figured it would be easy to find, boy was I wrong. I looked on the other side of the camper nothing I looked every where I even possibly thought it could go for at least two hours. My son stopped by so I told him about it he laughed at me and called me a blind old fart. We looked more and just kept spreading out, after about half an hour we found the clutch about 125 feet away from the camper. Evidently it hit something under there and changed directions, the way it went it had to have just snuck by the wheels. We couldn't find the drum but hey I thought we did good finding the clutch. A couple days later my wife was cleaning the leaves out of her flower bed about 30 feet away from where we found the clutch and came across the drum!

Anyone who has tinkered saws much has launched a clutch into never never land. [emoji6]