Grease Monkey Garage

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, will do. Will be awhile before I get at it.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any questions when you dig in, let me know.
If there were braille markings on the chains I'm confident I could assemble one of these with my eyes closed.
Just spoke with Tim owner of car, supposedly he took car in for oil change, oil plug fell out and engine locked up. He had stopped at vets grave he had serviced with (winter), left car running and it locked up. Hard not to believe him, he runs a non-profit to help vets and nice guy.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just spoke with Tim owner of car, supposedly he took car in for oil change, oil plug fell out and engine locked up. He had stopped at vets grave he had serviced with (winter), left car running and it locked up. Hard not to believe him, he runs a non-profit to help vets and nice guy.

That sounds like bottom end then. Have to drop entire engine/trans out the bottom to pull with the torque converter.
Or, remove oil pan and torch the back of the crank in half to get flywheel to rotate and converter bolts out. May even need to do that if pulled together.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Typical GMFordMopar. Finally get the bugs out and make a really good product then throw it overboard.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can thank the EPA for that.

Totally agree, however the automakers just bend over and take it on command. I can't think of an industry more gutless and unwilling to fight for anything. Their sudden wankfest over electric vehicles is a prime example. They know that the infrastructure and technology to make electric vehicles mainstream is nowhere near ready yet, but they are all ready to drive off a cliff with it and smile while they crash and burn.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree, however the automakers just bend over and take it on command. I can't think of an industry more gutless and unwilling to fight for anything. Their sudden wankfest over electric vehicles is a prime example. They know that the infrastructure and technology to make electric vehicles mainstream is nowhere near ready yet, but they are all ready to drive off a cliff with it and smile while they crash and burn.

True, and they know when they do crash and burn the govment will bail them out with our tax money. That's why I only buy vehicles from Korea or Japan now. They still make "normal stuff".

But enough with this, this is a chainsaw forum! Lol!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, and they know when they do crash and burn the govment will bail them out with our tax money. That's why I only buy vehicles from Korea or Japan now. They still make "normal stuff".

But enough with this, this is a chainsaw forum! Lol!

Not shedding a tear for the domestic automakers. Overpriced junk, plain and simple. They have been trying to come up with ways to sell Chinese cars in the USA for a long time and are now succeeding.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to pay a compliment to a very good company to deal with, Melling Engine Parts of Michigan. I bought a new old stock oil pump for my Mazda 626 on Fleabay. Turns out it didn't fit my engine, had a slight difference. I contacted Melling to make sure I had the right one. I was just hoping they sell me the correct one at a discount and I told them I bought it from a private seller. Melling sent me the correct oil pump overnight absolutely free! Melling has a customer for life in me, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Old stock pump on the left, new one on the right delivered 24 hours after I contacted them!

IMG_20230526_115244754.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to pay a compliment to a very good company to deal with, Melling Engine Parts of Michigan. I bought a new old stock oil pump for my Mazda 626 on Fleabay. Turns out it didn't fit my engine, had a slight difference. I contacted Melling to make sure I had the right one. I was just hoping they sell me the correct one at a discount and I told them I bought it from a private seller. Melling sent me the correct oil pump overnight absolutely free! Melling has a customer for life in me, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Old stock pump on the left, new one on the right delivered 24 hours after I contacted them!

View attachment 379182

Hard to drive your Mazda without a crank sensor! That's good of them to take care of you like that. I bought a set of melling rockers for my 300 that ended up causing problems. Never thought of contacting them directly. I just threw them away are bought oe Ford rockers.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And, my good luck runs out. To r&r the block reinforcement/upper oil pan, you have to remove two bolts on the back of it inside the bellhousing. WTF, that's some late model GM level stoopid there. I'm praying that I can just un bolt the transaxle and push it back just enough to reach the bolts. #justkillmenow

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And, my good luck runs out. To r&r the block reinforcement/upper oil pan, you have to remove two bolts on the back of it inside the bellhousing. WTF, that's some late model GM level stoopid there. I'm praying that I can just un bolt the transaxle and push it back just enough to reach the bolts. #justkillmenow

Just pull the engine and put it on a stand. Get an engine gasket set and reseal the whole thing. You won't regret it!

:stick: