timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any Nissan Frontier wrench heads out there?
Can I do a manual reset on a steering angle sensor on jackstands for a specific driving distance at 0 degrees for a specific amount of miles above 6mph? Trying to do this without buying another scanner. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any Nissan Frontier wrench heads out there?
Can I do a manual reset on a steering angle sensor on jackstands for a specific driving distance at 0 degrees for a specific amount of miles above 6mph? Trying to do this without buying another scanner. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

I'll check at work tomorrow Tim. What year truck?

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2010 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4
Much appreciated Steve. Google says maybe. Will try later tonight after crank position sensor change out. Thx for responding!

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll check at work tomorrow Tim. What year truck?
Tried the manual reset on jack stands Steve. The traction control logic lights come on and can't get the steering angle sensor reset. So I'll do some more surfing. Don't spend any time on it my friend. At least the crank speed sensor error is fixed LOL.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any old school carb guys on here? I'm halfway trying to find a more reliable carb for my 71 and the Carter in the 69 has been dead reliable, so a Carter ABD seems like the way to go for a 2bbl option. Am I right? Is the Motorcraft 2100/2150 better?

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked a GREAT time to weld the aeroclamps on. Got to 102 deg F, but the little M18 fan and the puddle of water in my yard certainly helped.

Had my son help out with getting the headders installed.

Also got to have a cold one (or two) with a good friend of mine !!!

IMG_4456.JPG IMG_4458.JPG
IMG_4484.JPG IMG_4490.JPG IMG_4473.JPG

Last edited:

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How's all peeps? So cool to see all the progress on everyone's projects! I could have smashed the like button in my multiple page absence but decided to make a post about it while keeping all's inboxes from flooding. This years been hard on me. Kicked in the teeth so many times financially, it hurts to smile. It's all good though. I don't quit ..... I keep on tickin.

6-7wks ago, I was in a collision 0n my way to work. kid on his phone failed right of way and turned in my path while I was doing about 45mph. Was without wheels until they covered for a rental. 13 days of rental is almost up. At least now they're paying off the tow company, and I get my truck back with a settlement.

Now I can figure out how to link my phone, to my laptop, so I can finally share at least one of my projects. She's no beauty queen for sure, but a NE workin girl. She's got her workin scars and rust, and now battle scars. Will post pics soon.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How's all peeps? So cool to see all the progress on everyone's projects! I could have smashed the like button in my multiple page absence but decided to make a post about it while keeping all's inboxes from flooding. This years been hard on me. Kicked in the teeth so many times financially, it hurts to smile. It's all good though. I don't quit ..... I keep on tickin.

6-7wks ago, I was in a collision 0n my way to work. kid on his phone failed right of way and turned in my path while I was doing about 45mph. Was without wheels until they covered for a rental. 13 days of rental is almost up. At least now they're paying off the tow company, and I get my truck back with a settlement.

Now I can figure out how to link my phone, to my laptop, so I can finally share at least one of my projects. She's no beauty queen for sure, but a NE workin girl. She's got her workin scars and rust, and now battle scars. Will post pics soon.

Glad you're all right! Thought you left us for the "other side". :D

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
6-7wks ago, I was in a collision 0n my way to work. kid on his phone failed right of way and turned in my path while I was doing about 45mph. Was without wheels until they covered for a rental. 13 days of rental is almost up. At least now they're paying off the tow company, and I get my truck back with a settlement
So I paid the tow fee and storage. My plan was to put a spare tire on it, since the left front came off the rim and the alloy wheel broke upon impact. Got that done and did a 13 point turn gettin out of the maze of wrecks. Started pukin P/S in the process. Pump blew the cap off which I found on the frame. Got more fluid but somethings pissin but good. I'm hoping the hydro booster burst a line when I locked up the brakes. ABS my a$$, they locked hard and I rode the skid into the ditch. Pulled the bumper out from the tire with a chain but had to get her towed home. With no P/S pump she turns like draggin a boulder through swamp mud. Not to mention ya have to stand on the brakes.

Hat's off to the tow guy. He put the tire on for me even though I came prepared. I gave him an extra $100 before i realized I wasn't drivin it home. He had left for a tow call before I called him for a piggy back home. He brought it to me later and wouldn't accept another dime.

The smashed Ford saga continues....

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wondering ..... I'm thinking of hangin a string from all 4 corners of the frame and measuring the diags. It's on a gravel driveway and wont fit under the garage door. Does it have to be perfectly level? I also need to measure from front to rear hubs on both sides. I want to see if the axle got pushed back.

Pass fender is almost touching the door. There's also an uneven gap between the hood and left fender. I'm fawked if this truck is down for the count. I have my monthly mortgage to tend to along with property taxes. I really can't afford a truck payment to. If need be I will. It'll hurt though. Vaseline anyone?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wondering ..... I'm thinking of hangin a string from all 4 corners of the frame and measuring the diags. It's on a gravel driveway and wont fit under the garage door. Does it have to be perfectly level? I also need to measure from front to rear hubs on both sides. I want to see if the axle got pushed back.

Pass fender is almost touching the door. There's also an uneven gap between the hood and left fender. I'm fawked if this truck is down for the count. I have my monthly mortgage to tend to along with property taxes. I really can't afford a truck payment to. If need be I will. It'll hurt though. Vaseline anyone?

Best bet is to look down bother frame rails and look for flaking paint, rust, dirt. If you see anything flaking off it flexed at that point. You can see what I am talking about to the right of the shock.

20190702_110516.jpg

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I looked at it a bit more this morning. rad support's twisted, headlight panel is smashed, .... and all the other knowns I mentioned.
I think I'm gonna shelf this truck for awhile and finance something newer. Right now I need reliability ASAP.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at it a bit more this morning. rad support's twisted, headlight panel is smashed, .... and all the other knowns I mentioned.
I think I'm gonna shelf this truck for awhile and finance something newer. Right now I need reliability ASAP.
post a few pics for us

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any old school carb guys on here? I'm halfway trying to find a more reliable carb for my 71 and the Carter in the 69 has been dead reliable, so a Carter ABD seems like the way to go for a 2bbl option. Am I right? Is the Motorcraft 2100/2150 better?

I've rebuilt a lot of Motorcraft carbs. I would say 2 out of 3 would tune really nice after rebuilding. Internal factory flaws you know. I still have a couple dozen jets of different sizes in a drawer. They are very simple to work on. I don't know much about the Carter 2bbls.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
post a few pics for us
I would but I'm kinda computer illiterate. I cannot get my phone to link up with my laptop. I may be able to with my old phone, once I find and charge it.

The leaf springs measure 2'' out of parallel from front to rear hangers. That's measuring from outside to outside. I'm not sure if this is normal. I assume they are supposed to be dead parallel? Like @Steve mentioned, there is a small linear spot on the frame where a little caked dirt is missing. Its near the shock tower. The tire was dismounted from the rim so I'm not sure if it contacted the frame.

I tried finding a new aftermarket rad support and the fiberglass headlight panel to no avail. Truthfully, the thought of a truck payment, on top of a mortgage, is frightening me. At least in today's inflated market and economy. I'm off to find my old phone. Will check back in a bit.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would but I'm kinda computer illiterate. I cannot get my phone to link up with my laptop. I may be able to with my old phone, once I find and charge it.

The leaf springs measure 2'' out of parallel from front to rear hangers. That's measuring from outside to outside. I'm not sure if this is normal. I assume they are supposed to be dead parallel? Like @Steve mentioned, there is a small linear spot on the frame where a little caked dirt is missing. Its near the shock tower. The tire was dismounted from the rim so I'm not sure if it contacted the frame.

I tried finding a new aftermarket rad support and the fiberglass headlight panel to no avail. Truthfully, the thought of a truck payment, on top of a mortgage, is frightening me. At least in today's inflated market and economy. I'm off to find my old phone. Will check back in a bit.

Which truck got smashed?