Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Steve, when you have time can you check to see if your front leafs measure "dead parallel?"

No hurries LOL

I can't. Sold that truck as is after the wreck and the guy that bought it showed it off to us after it was complete. Haven't seen it in 3 years.:(

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I can't. Sold that truck as is after the wreck and the guy that bought it showed it off to us after it was complete. Haven't seen it in 3 years.:(
Sall right, man.

I just finished pulling the bumper, headlight panel, and right fender. It amazes me how these trucks are nothing like I'm used to. Used to be a fender consisting of inner and outer shells, spot welded together. Now the inner is also part of the rad support and spot welded together. This assembly is then spot welded to the cab. I checked the front frame horns with a straight edge. They seem square to each other. I came in to make a @dall special ... er coffee and grab a tape measure. I will measure diags of frame horn corners. I'm pretty sure the frame is gtg. Lower "wing" of cab, where the outer fender bolts to, is pushed in a tad. Where the rad support and inner fender are spot welded is a different story. The bottom is pushed in but the top looks square to the eye. I will have to take diags of the upper portion to see. The gap between the hood and left fender is open to 1/4'' at the front, and normal at the cowl.

I pulled apart what I did to determine what project is going in the garage first. My ditch queen is up first. After I clean out that mess and remove my ladder racks from the truck. May have to air down a bit too. Overhead door doesn't have a lot of clearance.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My latest project....87 Dodge Dakota.

Got it with a lost title for nearly nothing. Managed to get a title for it. Had a 21 year old lien on it. The person who owned it then had passed away. Luckily I know the court clerk well, and the guy at the bank was cool about releasing the lien.

Now to fix the jury rigged brakes.

View attachment 344777 View attachment 344778 View attachment 344779 View attachment 344780
Nice looking truck for what she is. I used to scoff at rides like that. Now I'd drive the nuts of it. Especially in that good of shape.
Minor cosmetics and a paint job and she'd be a queen.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My latest project....87 Dodge Dakota.

Got it with a lost title for nearly nothing. Managed to get a title for it. Had a 21 year old lien on it. The person who owned it then had passed away. Luckily I know the court clerk well, and the guy at the bank was cool about releasing the lien.

Now to fix the jury rigged brakes.

View attachment 344777 View attachment 344778 View attachment 344779 View attachment 344780

I never get tired of seeing older vehicles down there with no rust on them. I consider them easy fixes. Nice find.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Bubba and I just dug out some old Chevy parts I've had stashed for decades. One is a set of 1967 462 double hump heads. I had a 3 angle valve job done on these.....then stuck em under the bench. They've been there so long I forget how long. Time to sell these....

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The Bubba and I just dug out some old Chevy parts I've had stashed for decades. One is a set of 1967 462 double hump heads. I had a 3 angle valve job done on these.....then stuck em under the bench. They've been there so long I forget how long. Time to sell these....
Nah, you need to find a muscle car project. What suits your fancy? Chevelle, 'vette, chevy ll, Impalla, camino ....?

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I measured diags of the inner fenders on top. They are dead on. Measured the face of the frame horns. Those diags are spot on too.
I took off the plastic wheel well and noticed the u-bolt for the axle has been pushed back about 3/8''.

Before all the tape measuring i started to move crap around in the garage. Made a dump bound pile behind it and then grabbed the tape again. My truck will not fit, lengthwise. So it stays out side. I also removed one of the batteries and the washer fluid reservoir so I could have clear access to the inner fender/rad support. That was a biatch. Everything was compressed against the reservoir. One bolt was almost inaccessible from the distortion. Got it out without causing more damage.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah, you need to find a muscle car project. What suits your fancy? Chevelle, 'vette, chevy ll, Impalla, camino ....?

The problem with these old heads is that there ain't any accessory holes in the ends of the heads. Not a chance of bolting them on something with power steering, or AC, etc.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The problem with these old heads is that there ain't any accessory holes in the ends of the heads. Not a chance of bolting them on something with power steering, or AC, etc.
Who needs All that? LOL
Well it really isn't needed in the 1320' run. Build yourself a drag car? Don't need no back seat either.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those 462s were always desirable for port work. Know anyone? :D

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A/C is a must! Nothing more awesome than a fast car you can drive every day comfortably.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I measured diags of the inner fenders on top. They are dead on. Measured the face of the frame horns. Those diags are spot on too.
I took off the plastic wheel well and noticed the u-bolt for the axle has been pushed back about 3/8''.

Before all the tape measuring i started to move crap around in the garage. Made a dump bound pile behind it and then grabbed the tape again. My truck will not fit, lengthwise. So it stays out side. I also removed one of the batteries and the washer fluid reservoir so I could have clear access to the inner fender/rad support. That was a biatch. Everything was compressed against the reservoir. One bolt was almost inaccessible from the distortion. Got it out without causing more damage.

This thing fixed yet?

@Kiwioilboiler ;)

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A/C is a must! Nothing more awesome than a fast car you can drive every day comfortably.
Who needs comfort in a quarter mile? It's pure adrenaline rush.
Then again, Ima fan of the big blocks for that.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You drag your old azz out to the sweltering Midwest I'll be sure to have your brew on ice!!

:beer-toast1:
The show me state. If I EVER move to KY, I'll be sure to pop over.