High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Gas prices

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
These low gas prices hurts refinery work so it effects how much work I can possibly get in them. They need about $3 gallon or better to start doing a lot of work again.
It should drive the refinery to figure a way to decrease operating costs. "Should" being the key.

I have a friend that works on a drill rig in Alaska and a few months ago he said $/barrel was going to hit $15.
images (87).jpg

Terry Hennessy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They clam they are not tied together ,but i have been doing this 28 years now ,it was pointed out to me from another guy about 20 years ago and i have watched since and they have both went up and down together every time .
It is actually china that controls the prices ,if they quit buying logs and steel ,the price falls bad .
In the 1990s, I used to question the guys in 1/2-ton pickups doing cardboard at $10/ ton, when gas was ($2, 3, 4/gal?), and asked HOW do you make money? Seems it would have all gone to the pump...

Terry Hennessy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
1.48 for diesel???????????? wow that is stunning
I always said diesel going above gasoline was a bullet in the economy; that is where we started seeing "Fuel Adjustment Charges" on everything. (This old man) can recall when gas was $0.25 and diesel and kerosene $0.10

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cheapest I can remember paying for gas was 33 cents a gallon, that was when I was a little tot mowing grass for candy bars and ice cream!