High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend dropped this off, said he will bring more.View attachment 334568
That's a small hold mine. Can you identify the species? Yes, Duce, he is definitely a friend. Gadzooks!

If he ever comes back, I would love to see a Pic of what he uses to carry that gold. Loading it would also be a task. I'm thinking a skid loader.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a small hold mine. Can you identify the species? Yes, Duce, he is definitely a friend. Gadzooks!

If he ever comes back, I would love to see a Pic of what he uses to carry that gold. Loading it would also be a task. I'm thinking a skid loader.
Most is Redoak, one stick of maple. Yes, he has a Kubota trac skidsteer with grapple. Or he used his cat backhoe with front clam bucket. He used a dump trailer to move it. Owns two dump trailers or uses his 10 yard dump truck. The man does not lack for tree service equipment. He sells all premium logs he gets, or runs it through his band saw mill.

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most is Redoak, one stick of maple. Yes, he has a Kubota trac skidsteer with grapple. Or he used his cat backhoe with front clam bucket. He used a dump trailer to move it. Owns two dump trailers or uses his 10 yard dump truck. The man does not lack for tree service equipment. He sells all premium logs he gets, or runs it through his band saw mill.
You have premium logs on that stack. Looks like you got a really good selling price. I must admit, Duce, that I am really impressed with that stock you received. Most of the logs that I ever obtained from a logger were cottonwood throwaways that I normally used to make wrapped bundles for campfires. Here's the proof:
upload_2022-4-23_17-22-35.jpeg
Anything larger than that was sold by the logger to the local sawmill for making pallets. I bucked all of these shown here to length and split them down.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Duce, et al, I know it's hard to believe, but I sold all of that wood in post 2803 after processing (buck to length, split, etc.) and wrapping into bundles. Four buck cuts apiece. Here's a sequence:
upload_2022-4-23_19-8-3.jpeg
Now the first two cuts:
upload_2022-4-23_19-8-45.jpeg
Now the last two:
upload_2022-4-23_19-9-37.jpeg
So, four cuts per delivered log, all the same length, and five rounds ready to split. These were about 18" apiece. It worked. I used a Stihl 026 PRO for most of these cuts. It never let me down. The cross buck I made in my shop and it's still in service.

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The neighbor removed this red elm last fall from the end of the field.
20220427_151711.jpg
It appears to have kept the rabbits fed over winter. Looks like they did a good job converting bark into fertilizer. Bet the grass is gonna grow great in this area.
20220427_151746.jpg
Decided to use my beater 025 that just got fresh bearings to separate the future firewood from the brush.
20220427_161045.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The neighbor removed this red elm last fall from the end of the field.
View attachment 334908
It appears to have kept the rabbits fed over winter. Looks like they did a good job converting bark into fertilizer. Bet the grass is gonna grow great in this area.
View attachment 334909
Decided to use my beater 025 that just got fresh bearings to separate the future firewood from the brush.
View attachment 334910
Love the bar on the stihl. Not sure if it’s the colors or what but I like it

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love the bar on the stihl. Not sure if it’s the colors or what but I like it
I forgot that common Poulan bars would fit a Stihl 025. Pincher must have switched out the drive sprocket from .325 to 3/8. I sold mine to a strong lady after I bought an 026 PRO. She threw away her old Poulan in favor of my used 025. I offered to install an 18" bar for her, but she turned me down.

She loves the 025 and never complains that it starts hard like others have here at this site and elsewhere. Each year I check it for her and the only time it had trouble was when she overly tightened the oil cap and cracked it. I make a new chain loop for her every year and sharpen her older ones for backup. She pays a small service fee and then throws in a couple dozen farm-fresh eggs supplied by her hens.

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I forgot that common Poulan bars would fit a Stihl 025. Pincher must have switched out the drive sprocket from .325 to 3/8. I sold mine to a strong lady after I bought an 026 PRO. She threw away her old Poulan in favor of my used 025. I offered to install an 18" bar for her, but she turned me down.

She loves the 025 and never complains that it starts hard like others have here at this site and elsewhere. Each year I check it for her and the only time it had trouble was when she overly tightened the oil cap and cracked it. I make a new chain loop for her every year and sharpen her older ones for backup. She pays a small service fee and then throws in a couple dozen farm-fresh eggs supplied by her hens.

The poulan bar is not a direct fit. It is however a 3/8lp/picco. I used a 6 tooth sprocket. I also had to drill the bar for oil holes and enlarge the adjustment holes slightly. My backup plan was to piece a couple full skip chains together if 20" was too much but with the 6 tooth drive it handles full comp carlton semi-chisel just fine. I would like to try this on the husky 550xpg but I haven't found a 3/8lp rim in small spline.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The poulan bar is not a direct fit. It is however a 3/8lp/picco. I used a 6 tooth sprocket. I also had to drill the bar for oil holes and enlarge the adjustment holes slightly. My backup plan was to piece a couple full skip chains together if 20" was too much but with the 6 tooth drive it handles full comp carlton semi-chisel just fine. I would like to try this on the husky 550xpg but I haven't found a 3/8lp rim in small spline.
I was a bit worried about the oiler hole alignment, so thank you for the clarification. I always felt that a sharp .325 pitch chain ran fast enough for me. But, it always amazed me that the length of the 18" bar for the Stihl 025 was almost identical to the 16" bar for the 026.

Today was a huge chainsaw day for me. A friend who had bought a new Stihl MS881 M-tronic asked me last week to find a 36" bar for him and make four .404 chain loops. Dealers were sold out. The bar came in and I made the chain loops while awaiting delivery. He picked it all up and was happy as a lark. Small businesses still have a place.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! What brand. 404 did you use?
Archer, but I had to go along with semi-chisel because no full chisel wss available. Stihl dealers were sold out of both. I have had good luck with Archer, and delivery is excellent. Shhh... I'm not supposed to be promoting any brand of parts here. ;)

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the 404 chain I use . It's very aggressive ! I use 404 in 24" 28" and 36" lengths . I normally use it in dirty scrap piles left by the logging company . Frawley's has 404 full Comp full Chisel in stock I just ordered some last week . BTW here's some firewood I cut last night . I'm hauling up to my cabin tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220428_183759.jpg
    20220428_183759.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220428_183538.jpg
    20220428_183538.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like semi chisel in 404. I feel like chisel defeats the purpose of 404. I do have several loops of stihl chisel. Good stuff but I keep the semi on that saw.

I’ve had good luck with archer chain as well
Hooray! I had the same gut feeling when I ordered the semi-chisel. Please allow me to pass your words onto the owner of that new saw. The last time I ran 404 full-chisel chain was on an 084 about 13 years ago at a GTG. A guy with a Husky 394 running 3/8 skip tooth edged me out as top eliminator by a tad. Of course, he was also running a muff modified engine and burning mixed high-octane airplane fuel. As a good sport, he told me that I was great competition.