srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If someone is sending supplies to my house it occurs to me that I'm low on fuel line. Whatever size that fits a 372 and such would be great. Thank you all. It's amazing how folks from near and far are stepping up. Our first load of saw supplies are heading out of Asheville today, and our first batch to the mule trains goes tomorrow. Our GoFundMe has been a great success. We met our goal and are going to raise it.

I'll be sending a large order from sawsalvage and I'll put in some curly fuel lines for the 372.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Team Rubicon, one of the groups I volunteer with, also has a number of teams down there.

*Note that they require a 2-day class to saw with them, even if your mother’s maiden name is ‘Husqvarna’: they want to make sure that even experienced sawyers know what to expect when working closely with people they’ve just met.

Philbert

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you get these yet any pictures of what they actually look like
Looks the same as any china chain
they are full chisel I've been running them for about 8 year's identical to upstart chain I've sold hundreds of those to firewooders and logger's no complaints IMG_20241007_194308.jpgIMG_20241007_194414.jpgIMG_20241007_194428.jpgIMG_20241007_194536.jpg
Saw chain expert it is

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, a neighbor stopped by tonight and noticed all the boxes of stuff I have in my shop...wondered what was going on. Explained the situation and he wants to put Brody's GFM site up on his Star, ID FB page to generate some $ . Woo-hoo!

Last edited:

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I have seen Keeping a sharp chain will be hard. All the timber is full of sand. You would think red mud, but in the mountains aint the same as the piedmomt. Like beach sand, I fly fish for wild trout and It't clay,sand, or rocks up there.
I'm sending mostly semi-chiz chains with the saws going out. might help some. But, the folks who just have blow-downs and not wash-outs should be ok with chisel.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disaster wood is always dirty. Wind blown stuff, etc. Tree debris is often mixed with construction debris.

There have been times when I set up a grinder on the side of the road, using a generator, just to keep up, even wih extra chains.

There were times when I went through a tree with a sawzall, before a chainsaw, removing construction materials (plywood, wires, corrugated metal, etc.), first.

Philbert

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
50% off doesn't show up for me.

davidwyby

Tree feller, axe handle breaker
GoldMember
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
try to cut with chain pulling out of wood

this weekend I cut a stob off a log that I had rolled over. Had 1" of dirt caked on it, now on the top. It took my 24" bar buried (dukes chain) and I cut with the saw vertical pulling up out of the dirt...no damage to chain.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks the same as any china chain
they are full chisel I've been running them for about 8 year's identical to upstart chain I've sold hundreds of those to firewooders and logger's no complaints
Hmm...tie strap looks to be on the wrong side, arrow is pointing the wrong direction...that may bother some OCD folks... :D

Smokealongthetracks

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Team Rubicon, one of the groups I volunteer with, also has a number of teams down there.

*Note that they require a 2-day class to saw with them, even if your mother’s maiden name is ‘Husqvarna’: they want to make sure that even experienced sawyers know what to expect when working closely with people they’ve just met.

Philbert
If you put me in touch, I'm happy to help them if they need any supplies from our fundraiser.