Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
My friend @rattler Mike Shetley messaged me this morning to let me know that Brody Hunt is bringing bar and mixing oil to North Carolina from Oregon. That is gonna be a big help.....cause this is one of those things that get overlooked. I just got home from Knoxville.....and passed load after load of supplies heading east. Huge loads of bottled water were what I saw the most of.

Please used this thread to link to vetted organisations that folks can donate to, or those that are asking for volunteers.

Please don't bring politics into this.

These folks had one of the donation centers washed out.......they need donations. https://www.mannafoodbank.org/
Fellers there’s no doubt that the situation could be managed better than it has been. We can choose to be negative about it and continue to perpetuate that negativity onto all who encounter those posts, or we can choose to be positive in the face of this situation.

Regardless of your own personal beliefs there are many acts of selfless good coming out of North Carolina. Let’s all continue to pray to what ever God y’all believe in and keep this thread moving in a positive direction because there is more than enough negativity everywhere else. Everyone copy?

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I
Fellers there’s no doubt that the situation could be managed better than it has been. We can choose to be negative about it and continue to perpetuate that negativity onto all who encounter those posts, or we can choose to be positive in the face of this situation.

Regardless of your own personal beliefs there are many acts of selfless good coming out of North Carolina. Let’s all continue to pray to what ever God y’all believe in and keep this thread moving in a positive direction because there is more than enough negativity everywhere else. Everyone copy?
I vote for this.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thank you.

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sent a roll and and a half to Jimmy in NC. He's gonna make loops up and get em to where they need to go. Guys might check with the fire departments also, I've sent 4 36" bars out just because they couldn't get em. Supplies are really tight back there for sure.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I also want to note, that from my small position I can see so many people coming together to help and send goods, take supplies etc. We got a lot of calls frome people who want to help. All different types of folks, just happy to help. Willing to help. Showing empathy for their countrymen, without any concern for political affiliation or tribe.

Skilled tradesmen, first responders, general guys all working to help restore some normalcy for the people suffering after the disaster.

There's plenty of positives out there, if you're looking.

Maybe we aren't really as divided as one thinks, but I'm an optimistic guy, who was lucky to have been born here, even with it's flaws I wouldn't choose anywhere else.

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also want to note, that from my small position I can see so many people coming together to help and send goods, take supplies etc. We got a lot of calls frome people who want to help. All different types of folks, just happy to help. Willing to help. Showing empathy for their countrymen, without any concern for political affiliation or tribe.

Skilled tradesmen, first responders, general guys all working to help restore some normalcy for the people suffering after the disaster.

Maybe we aren't really as divided as one thinks, but I'm an optimistic guy, who was lucky to have been born here, even with it's flaws I wouldn't choose anywhere else.
Actions always speak louder than any words to be spoken, Great job 👍

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Maybe we aren't really as divided as one thinks, but I'm an optimistic guy, who was lucky to have been born here, even with its flaws I wouldn't choose anywhere else.
United we stand folks. I appreciate you Duke :borra2:

Smokealongthetracks

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've started getting a lot of boxes! From our purchases via GoFundMe $, and also many direct supply donations from you all. Getting it out to volunteer crews and VFDs as quick as we can. About to hit the South Toe River VFD this afternoon. And me and my pal from Oregon were able to mostly get the Craggy Mountain Line RR cut out yesterday. Will finish it next week. Man, a LOT of big trees down across their track. Just everywhere. Some washouts, but they should be able to run trains for Christmas. Will make many hundreds of children happy. Thank you so much if you been able to support our region in any way!

Attachments

• PXL_20241012_154640538.jpg
    PXL_20241012_154640538.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20241012_154619965.jpg
    PXL_20241012_154619965.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 24

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My friend @rattler Mike Shetley messaged me this morning to let me know that Brody Hunt is bringing bar and mixing oil to North Carolina from Oregon. That is gonna be a big help.....cause this is one of those things that get overlooked. I just got home from Knoxville.....and passed load after load of supplies heading east. Huge loads of bottled water were what I saw the most of.

Please used this thread to link to vetted organisations that folks can donate to, or those that are asking for volunteers.

Please don't bring politics into this.

These folks had one of the donation centers washed out.......they need donations. https://www.mannafoodbank.org/
Thank you Randy for all your help