Trader history (1)

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for someone to cut the base by .020 on my 357xp cylinder. I am going to experiment with some light port work, but I have no access to a lathe. I'm retaining the base gasket with this build.
After January I will have some down time due to spring breakup conditions so I will yank the head then. PM price for said labor, thanks

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have the band cut as well if you can grind upper transfer ports. You’ll see lots more compression and gains.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I don't have a right angle grinder. All I gots is a Dremel tool

It's not ideal, but you can use the adapter with the screw in the end and small cutoff wheels to work in the upper transfers.
I used that in my 357 to get it to where I wanted height wise, then used a round ball to get at what I could for shape and angle.
It runs pretty good considering I'm clueless.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not ideal, but you can use the adapter with the screw in the end and small cutoff wheels to work in the upper transfers.
I used that in my 357 to get it to where I wanted height wise, then used a round ball to get at what I could for shape and angle.
It runs pretty good considering I'm clueless.

Most port work in the 80's was done this way, before RA handpieces where readily available. It's slow and easy to make a mistake... but it works.

NorcalFlyingsquirrel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a ra but still use a round edged disk diamond coated for most of my work in a 2511, 201, etc and do most of the work in a 200 from the top. The little ra's are a *b-word to hang onto in little cylinders but if you want one i got mine here on ali express for $40 and it does the job on larger cylinders. I have a harbor freight flex shaft but it requires a little finessing ever once and a while and is not compatible with standard foredom shafts https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003274497933.html