srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
9:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of flex shaft does that have? Is it replaceable? Be careful not to get the shaft bent in weird angles and pushing harder than you should, they break easy. My foredom TMX is unforgiving

The Vevor is an SR clone and is a pretty good option. The TMX (high torque) motors are not very well suited for the delicate work done on chainsaw cylinders.

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not tying to insult you or anything like that, just offering advice on what I’ve learned. Less is actually more when it comes to modifying factory ports.
No worries I didn't think you were insulting, I'm learning so I take everything/shared info and learn from it.

What kind of flex shaft does that have? Is it replaceable? Be careful not to get the shaft bent in weird angles and pushing harder than you should, they break easy. My foredom TMX is unforgiving
It is a replaceable shaft, it screws into the motor. It's the vevor sr hanging flex shaft. It's was 100 bucks Canadian vs 500 for a foredom. Figured I'd start cheap before expensive and better quality
A 272 top end will wake it up quite a bit. You can use the carb, but the rest of the intake tract is different and tough to find. The plug angle is different, but it fits under the cover.
I figured it would which is why I got it. I mean again it's just a cheap chinesium Amazon special. I ordered new OEM 272 block gaskets so hoping that helps a ton with the air leaks. I could get it to run just couldn't tune it I reset the carb too before starting but it ran hot and lean. Pressure tested the cylinder and that was fine, but with the block it would leak around gaskets. Tired the motoseal tricmk with no luck.

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like to use 50 grit spiral wound sand paper rolls to finish transfers and intake ports. They can bend some and help finish the curvature of the transfers better than using a split mandrel.

I was checking them out on Amazon and have them in my cart. God love business discounts and the right offs. Once I have some disposable extras I'll grab one of your attachments. They look great compared the one I have gotten from China.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was checking them out on Amazon and have them in my cart. God love business discounts and the right offs. Once I have some disposable extras I'll grab one of your attachments. They look great compared the one I have gotten from China.

The china RA's are pretty crude.

Careful, acquiring porting tools can become a bit of an obsession.
IMG_3401.jpg

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don’t have the ability to raise the uppers, don’t raise the exhaust, just widen it up to 65% of the bore but leave 1.5 MM to the edge of the skirt on the piston. If that has the really narrow intake, you could do some widening if there is also room to make the block bigger. Some of the 266 had a really narrow intake, where the 272 was considerably wider.

And quit watching Ironhorse
Yep there's a few things I could say right now about you know who but Im just going to leave everyones imaginations run wild. 🤣

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just noticed in one of my earlier posts I said I didn't have the ability to raise transfer but I do. Lmao.
Yep there's a few things I could say right now about you know who but Im just going to leave everyones imaginations run wild. 🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The china RA's are pretty crude.

Careful, acquiring porting tools can become a bit of an obsession.
View attachment 410162
No kidding. It's scary how much I have spent in the past little while gathering supplies. You know anywhere else to buy attachments other then Amazon or eBay. I checked your sight out. I'm looking for a ra that the bit can go through.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most everyone here already knows. I believe there’s still some threads here

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Vevor is an SR clone and is a pretty good option. The TMX (high torque) motors are not very well suited for the delicate work done on chainsaw cylinders.

Yeah it works and I like the I can use it for stuff other than chainsaws but I need to buy an SR, not having reverse is a pita.

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't used in reverse yet. But it is nice and it's a torquie little bigger. And it's more affordable then the foredom sr. Can buy 4 for 1.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
reverse is nice for left hand burrs

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just noticed in one of my earlier posts I said I didn't have the ability to raise transfer but I do. Lmao.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No kidding. It's scary how much I have spent in the past little while gathering supplies. You know anywhere else to buy attachments other then Amazon or eBay. I checked your sight out. I'm looking for a ra that the bit can go through.

The CC 182MC is the best RA that can pass a bit through.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't use LH burrs but you can turn a diamond bit either direction, it helps get transfer corners really tight.

I just bought some coarse diamond burrs I like so far.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't use LH burrs but you can turn a diamond bit either direction, it helps get transfer corners really tight.
The L hand ones are a pita. Reverse helps me finish the PTO side uppers to my liking with a stone or diamond. It’s annoying to cut from the exhaust to the intake side when doing the PTO uppers for me

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well fellas I ported the old thing. Very mild I think, exhaust is 100, blow down 22 and intake was 148 I believe. Notes are in the shop. Got all the air leaks looked after and running good. Made a small tiktok 🤣🤣🤣🤣 just after getting it ported and idling around.

Will get some footage after I get it all broke in and the chain sharp. Holy sweet Jesus the compression.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is just a harbor freight unit. Your vevor is likely nicer than mine lol.
I use a 4” pole barn spike that I cut a slot in the end with either a Sawzall or a cut off wheel. I can’t remember which.
You must use a foredom as well no? I mean no disrespect by that. I was looking at some of the hf, vevor units etc but just kinda assumed they’d be junk and wouldn’t last long. Maybe I’ll give one a shot. Don’t have much to lose.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the most overbuilt saws I’ve even been in was a 266. Tough as nails. Hard to kill. 038M competitor.

Husky had it right with the 2 series. Then some of the 3 series, which were modded 2 series. Then things went awry IMHO.

firefighter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must use a foredom as well no? I mean no disrespect by that. I was looking at some of the hf, vevor units etc but just kinda assumed they’d be junk and wouldn’t last long. Maybe I’ll give one a shot. Don’t have much to lose.
I have no issue this far. I only have about a hour or 2 of time using it. It's far more useful then I thought. Figured id only use it for porting ect but use it alot. I think it is worth the 95 bucks Canadian I paid. I have dremels that were more that are chit compared to this. It has quite a bit of torque so yeah give it a try they're actually well worth it.
One of the most overbuilt saws I’ve even been in was a 266. Tough as nails. Hard to kill. 038M competitor.

Husky had it right with the 2 series. Then some of the 3 series, which were modded 2 series. Then things went awry IMHO.
Yes not much left for OEM parts I got oem gaskets for the 272 block and carb had to be shipped to dealer from Alberta. Almost whole way across the country lol. But yes I was bucking some limbs I cut of my black locust tree and had 3 people stop to see what I was using. One old fella wanted to buy it cause it was his favorite saw. I like it and I'm not a huge husky guy. And picked up 2 tree removals haha.