High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Bore Snakes, Particulary for .22 and .243 /6 mm. How to Use?

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know the answer may be fairly obvious to some, but I'm puzzled. I saw a you tube with a bore snake with a weight on it. Put the weight through the barrel, and pull on a small cable that pulled the snake through the entire length of the barrel. Here's the confusion: I was in an outdoor sports store yesterday, and they had a bore snake without weight on it. It was plain as day that the diameter of this snake would definitely not allow it to slide through a .22 barrel using gravity only. So what's the deal with using these things? If you can turn the light on for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never had an issue pulling a bore snake through A 22lr, plus I’ve never heard of a weighted bore snake. Personally I never clean my squirrel hunting 22lr barrel and have no issues with having to sight it in every year. I check it to make sure it’s still spot on and that’s it! Just Sayin

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a brass piece that I put the cotton piece in. I don’t shoot competition ,I shoot to Kill Squirrels, so thanks for the clarification !
So there isn't a caliber specific brass weight on the part you insert first on your bore snakes? Interesting.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m out of State right now so I don’t remember that on my snake, but I’m old! Won’t be back in town till Thanksgiving.
The original bore snakes have no provisions for a swab. They are the swab. There are even brass bristles sewn inside.