"Blades"

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a gun and I know exactly how it operates and how to kill with it.

The nomenclature and all the numbers and letters doesn't impact use.

There's self proclaimed stihl and husky heads on here that still ask some of the most obvious questions about their beloved brand that have been covered on here 1000x over by regular members, are they stupid.....?
Yup, I understand what you're saying, but if you are going after parts or accessories, then for Pete's Sake write some info down or take a picture......PLEASE PUT A LITTLE THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO IT. IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT!

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
WTF is it with all these city people who refer to chains as blades? Where did that come from?

"I need a blade for my saw."

"Do you mean a bar or a chain?"

Some goof just came in and says he's picking up some blades he dropped off to have sharpened. So, I'm looking on the shelf with the sharpened mower blades, and can't find his name. What's it for, I ask, thinking he's gonna say Exmark, or Gravely or something. He says "Stihl" (naturally)

Some other clown was in and needs chains for his Jonsered. "It's not for my 2054; it's for my other saw. The model has a "6" in it." Wow, some of these people are really dense. No information and then they get pissed when you can't give them the part they want.

If you open your doors to the public...........they're gonna come in. :)
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
. . . if you are going after parts or accessories, then for Pete's Sake write some info down or take a picture......
On the other hand . . .

I once had an issue with our washing machine: I suspected the fill valve (basically a solenoid, like a door bell). I copied down all the numbers on the inside and outside of the machine. I proudly retrieved the original owner's manual from a file drawer. I brought in the old part to match. Walked up to the parts counter at the appliance repair place, and the guy never took his eyes off me: he reached under the counter and plopped one down in a sealed plastic bag, "Yeah, they're all pretty much the same part now on all the major brands and models".

Now, I try to take photos with my 'smartphone' of the part, and any easy to find labels, name plates, model numbers, etc.

Philbert

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the other hand . . .

I once had an issue with our washing machine: I suspected the fill valve (basically a solenoid, like a door bell). I copied down all the numbers on the inside and outside of the machine. I proudly retrieved the original owner's manual from a file drawer. I brought in the old part to match. Walked up to the parts counter at the appliance repair place, and the guy never took his eyes off me: he reached under the counter and plopped one down in a sealed plastic bag, "Yeah, they're all pretty much the same part now on all the major brands and models".

Now, I try to take photos with my 'smartphone' of the part, and any easy to find labels, name plates, model numbers, etc.

Philbert

I replaced mine 2 years ago and yeah that same part covers a plethora of units.

Last edited:

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys that are OPE enthusiasts need to remember that most other folks are not. Just because they don't know anything about OPE and you know everything does not mean they are stupid. I bet most heart surgeons don't know anything about how to sharpen a knife or operate a chainsaw, but they are certainly not stupid and use edged tools as a part of their job. Sometimes a non enthusiast also has to use OPE in order to deal with problems. Before I had to use a chainsaw regularly I didn't know anything about the maintenance a saw required.

Just try to have some perspective.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Imagine you needed help with something you knew nothing about and some dude was a total snarky douche and made you feel like a fool instead of helping you in your time of need.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever watch some of the chainsaw professionals on here make YouTube video's showing everyone how smart they are ?..Geniuses..

Something I seldom do is call people stupid, the reason ? A plumber or an electrician could make make me look really stupid.

Just like I could make them look really stupid if we climbed trees together or framed a house a put a roof on it.

There's guys on here that regularly call people stupid that would get their ass kicked by a 2nd grader in a spelling bee...

Who's stupid ?
It would be funny if your plumber mate told you he belonged to a toilet forum, where people raced toilets, timed them flushing, spent hours each day discussing and arguing which ones were best. Knew all the makes & models over the past 70years. Modified his toilets for better performance. Yude thunk he was complete wack-job.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be funny if your plumber mate told you he belonged to a toilet forum, where people raced toilets, timed them flushing, spent hours each day discussing and arguing which ones were best. Knew all the makes & models over the past 70years. Modified his toilets for better performance. Yude thunk he was complete wack-job.

What *s-wordter flushes the biggest turd the fastest ?

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Some years ago... I was searching for some old plumbing bits.
I actually stumbled across something of a toilet toilet aficionado site.
Plain, dry, cheerios dumped from the box, seemed to be the most commonly favored medium for test flushes.
The internet was much more off the wall and yet an interesting place before "social" media came along.