"Blades"

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WTF is it with all these city people who refer to chains as blades? Where did that come from?

"I need a blade for my saw."

"Do you mean a bar or a chain?"

Some goof just came in and says he's picking up some blades he dropped off to have sharpened. So, I'm looking on the shelf with the sharpened mower blades, and can't find his name. What's it for, I ask, thinking he's gonna say Exmark, or Gravely or something. He says "Stihl" (naturally)

Some other clown was in and needs chains for his Jonsered. "It's not for my 2054; it's for my other saw. The model has a "6" in it." Wow, some of these people are really dense. No information and then they get pissed when you can't give them the part they want.

If you open your doors to the public...........they're gonna come in. :)

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WTF is it with all these city people who refer to chains as blades? Where did that come from?

Some goof just came in and says he's picking up some blades he dropped off to have sharpened. So, I'm looking on the shelf with the sharpened mower blades, and can't find his name. What's it for, I ask, thinking he's gonna say Exmark, or Gravely or something. He says "Stihl" (naturally)

Some other clown was in and needs chains for his Jonsered. "It's not for my 2054; it's for my other saw. The model has a "6" in it." Wow, some of these people are really dense. No information and then they get pissed when you can't give them the part they want.

Lol...

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You don’t know how annoying that is to hear. I’m probably the only city guy that says chain. I unfortunately also have some examples (that I’ve had to hear with my sorry ears) of this awful term being used.

“Hey Brett, I need my blade sharpened. It’s a *insert bar and chain length that the saw can’t pull* on a *insert generic Joe Homeowner type saw*”.

It’s headache inducing having to hear that from people who have no clue how to use a saw

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why does it matter what they call it if you know what they are talking about? I can see how annoying it would be to try and guess what saw they own.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pull a me; I was fed up one day (who'd a thunk), "Hey I need a blade for my 'Still', its a big one." Said screw it and figured I'd mess with him. I kinda shrugged and asked the guy if his 'Still' had a 42" or 54" deck and if he preferred mulching or not... Got the look of confusion, "Well, is it a zero turn or a tractor?"

Evidently his Stihl MS 180 didn't come with a mower deck. Weird...

Surprisingly, He 'still' comes back from time to time. He calls them chains now.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is extremely irritating when folks dont have pertinent information. Do they walk into a parts store and say " I need an oil filter for my Ford" and not really know any specs? Those people probably dont change their own oil.......

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
s-l1600.jpg