"Blades"

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The average person knows nothing about a chainsaw..

Why would they ?
Never the less it can be amusing .Not too long ago I trotted off to the Stihl dealer to pick up a 14" loop of rapid super for a MS 200T .The cute little lady tried to sell me carbide tipped .I just listened ,smiling .Then the owner over heard it and came out smiling and informed her she was wasting her time .So it just proves the naivety of some counter people in addition to saw owners .

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, the average person might still be terrified of chain saws.

Did you ever watch some of the chainsaw professionals on here make YouTube video's showing everyone how smart they are ?..Geniuses..

Something I seldom do is call people stupid, the reason ? A plumber or an electrician could make make me look really stupid.

Just like I could make them look really stupid if we climbed trees together or framed a house a put a roof on it.

There's guys on here that regularly call people stupid that would get their ass kicked by a 2nd grader in a spelling bee...

Who's stupid ?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems equal across all generations. I see folks of all ages doing dumb things.

There is truth in what Lee said, of course there's always been dingbats from all generations. But with millennials they have a device that thinks for them, my woman is a teacher and talks about how her students over the years have lost their critical thinking skills. The advancement in technology is to thank for that.

Last edited:

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have people call wanting to sell their walnut trees. I ask what the diameter of the average one may be and that throws em for a loop! Finally ask them if they are as big as a steering wheel!

Trouble with that is the steering wheels keep getting smaller! Ha ha

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never the less it can be amusing .Not too long ago I trotted off to the Stihl dealer to pick up a 14" loop of rapid super for a MS 200T .The cute little lady tried to sell me carbide tipped .I just listened ,smiling .Then the owner over heard it and came out smiling and informed her she was wasting her time .So it just proves the naivety of some counter people in addition to saw owners .

I won't dispute how clueless some saw dealership's are...I think if you sell something you should probably know as much about it as your customers..or at least be close..

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WTF is it with all these city people who refer to chains as blades? Where did that come from?

"I need a blade for my saw."

"Do you mean a bar or a chain?"

Some goof just came in and says he's picking up some blades he dropped off to have sharpened. So, I'm looking on the shelf with the sharpened mower blades, and can't find his name. What's it for, I ask, thinking he's gonna say Exmark, or Gravely or something. He says "Stihl" (naturally)

Some other clown was in and needs chains for his Jonsered. "It's not for my 2054; it's for my other saw. The model has a "6" in it." Wow, some of these people are really dense. No information and then they get pissed when you can't give them the part they want.

If you open your doors to the public...........they're gonna come in. :)

There ain't no meaner saw than my 20" Farm Boss.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is extremely irritating when folks dont have pertinent information. Do they walk into a parts store and say " I need an oil filter for my Ford" and not really know any specs? Those people probably dont change their own oil.......

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Good analogy. And it happens more and more frequently. Kind of a constant deal anymore. People make zero effort and get annoyed with us when we start asking questions that they have no answers for. We're not trying to make it more difficult; just trying to send them home with the right parts. We certainly hate those conversations more than they do. I also stopped giving a guy more than one chain with the idea that he'll bring back the wrong one. Usually would come back after rolling around the truck floor in a beat up box that you couldn't possibly sell to another person; hence another argument when I won't take it back.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread is great lmao!

There is truth in what Lee said, of course there's always been dingbats from all generations. But with millennials they have a device that thinks for them, my woman is a teacher and talks about how her students over the years have lost their critical thinking skills. The advancement in technology is to thank for that.

Agree on this 100%. People expect a dealer to be a breathing google and ask “did you mean...” and figure everything out for them. Everyone has to learn what they don’t know. But true jackassery reveals itself when a person refuses to learn and is a repeat jack wagon.

Last edited: