Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In a pickup truck?
I hate having things banging around in the back of a pickup when driving around the farm working on projects. Almost always need a chainsaw or three.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rubber mat and “Siamese” the saws if you have scabbards. Bars through the other saws handle. I actually built a plywood box to hold a few saw and still put other light supplies on top, but scrapped that idea because it was a PITA to load/unload. You dropped the tailgate and pulled them out the back. We used it during storm cleanups when I wanted them secure if we left the truck (locking tailgate) and it kept them from getting beat to death on the forestry roads.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what mine look like in the UTV bed at work. I’ve got to get a mat in it! Stupid thing doesn’t have a good way to bungee anything in.
Thing about that ad it brings back bad memories for me that bloody crowbar rolling around in the back...
I barked thousands and thousands of Ironbark logs with a crowbar in me 20's yeah nah I don't miss barking logs by hand lol
Only time I use a crowbar now day's is if I'm digging a post hole and it's tough going lol

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For my daily logging needs, I carry 4 saws in the back of my pickup. My pickup has a rubber mat, but I still like the saws sitting on a sheet of plywood, that way any leaks are absorbed. The saws all stay in place because I took a 4x6 and spanned it across the pickup bed and cut slots in it where I want my saws to sit. The 4x6 stays in place between a couple “L” brackets that are fastened to the plywood, but not the 4x6. This way I can easily remove the 4x6 and plywood to use my pickup for anything else if needed. Works great for me and is easy to setup/take down and also store. The saws stay upright even driving across chisel plowed fields, hitting snow drifts, etc..

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For my daily logging needs, I carry 4 saws in the back of my pickup. My pickup has a rubber mat, but I still like the saws sitting on a sheet of plywood, that way any leaks are absorbed. The saws all stay in place because I took a 4x6 and spanned it across the pickup bed and cut slots in it where I want my saws to sit. The 4x6 stays in place between a couple “L” brackets that are fastened to the plywood, but not the 4x6. This way I can easily remove the 4x6 and plywood to use my pickup for anything else if needed. Works great for me and is easy to setup/take down and also store. The saws stay upright even driving across chisel plowed fields, hitting snow drifts, etc..
You got a picture of that setup? Sound easy and reliable. Or you could type a thousand words. Lol

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got a picture of that setup? Sound easy and reliable. Or you could type a thousand words. Lol
No, but I’ll try to take one today.. Full disclosure, what I explained in above post is the way I am going to update my current setup. My current setup is nearly the same, with the exception that I use a 2x6 that has “stops” that are just screws into the plywood. Live and learn they say. Version 1 (current) has served me well for the last year or so, but I see where it could be improved.

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, but I’ll try to take one today.. Full disclosure, what I explained in above post is the way I am going to update my current setup. My current setup is nearly the same, with the exception that I use a 2x6 that has “stops” that are just screws into the plywood. Live and learn they say. Version 1 (current) has served me well for the last year or so, but I see where it could be improved.
Sound good, will wait for the improved version.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sound good, will wait for the improved version.
I basically over-thought it the first time. The 4x4 and “L” brackets is just much simpler, and just as effective.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just make sure that I never haul them around the way most tree service companies do -- scattered around randomly so that bars and chains collide with handles and cases, eventually tearing them up as the saws slide all over the place. I've even seen saws stacked on top of each other, and they never seem to use bar covers to protect the chain. :(

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy at a GTG had a 2x6 in the back of his truck with slots cut for the bars to sit in. Kinda like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I think I took a pic but it was long ago.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a F250 extended that I removed the read seat and I keep 4 saws back there
Did it have that seat that folds flat like my '95? I have a tool box to put into mine, but want it easily removable when I want to really fill it.

LandFakers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 4x4 that I used a saw to cut 2 slots into, keeps the saws upright and they hardly slide forward or back even on my plastic truck box. You can barely see it here, it’s about the width of 2 saws side by side but you can upscale it however you like.

Attachments

• B21B62D1-BEB3-40EC-AF76-5A50231A60FB.jpeg
    B21B62D1-BEB3-40EC-AF76-5A50231A60FB.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 53

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what mine look like in the UTV bed at work. I’ve got to get a mat in it! Stupid thing doesn’t have a good way to bungee anything in.
Mine too. That’s why I posted this. I happened to see the log trick, but figured guys on here that do it for a living have tons of ideas.