Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 359464

Here is my current setup. I am going to replace the 2x6 with a 4x6 eventually. But this works for now. Saws stay in place over rough terrain and whatnot. I’m happy. Keeps everything organized and protected.
I like the concept, thank you!

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's what I came up with. It gets the saws off the bed and if I drop the tailgate, I don't really lose any bed length.

View attachment 359467View attachment 359468
I like that too. Won’t work for my needs, but looks great.

With my setup, when I go to town, I run a cable through all the handles and padlock them to the truck. We are not in a high crime area, but I have known others to get saws stolen - 1 local guy is also a logger that “shows off” his saws by carrying them around with all the handles up in the air, he’s been a victim at least twice. My theory is “Out of sight, out of mind”. I’m not picking on you, I don’t think you’re showing off at all. If I didn’t have my saws with me all the time, or just around the farm, I would probably do something more like what you have. I like how it leaves more bed space.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that too. Won’t work for my needs, but looks great.

With my setup, when I go to town, I run a cable through all the handles and padlock them to the truck. We are not in a high crime area, but I have known others to get saws stolen - 1 local guy is also a logger that “shows off” his saws by carrying them around with all the handles up in the air, he’s been a victim at least twice. My theory is “Out of sight, out of mind”. I’m not picking on you, I don’t think you’re showing off at all. If I didn’t have my saws with me all the time, or just around the farm, I would probably do something more like what you have. I like how it leaves more bed space.

No offense taken. I only use this method when I travel out in the country to cut wood, which isn't very often. My whole goal was to not take up bed space. When I'm in town, a town of 250 people, in a 1200 sq mile county with 2200 people in it, I just sit them in the bed and go back and pick up wood afterwards, with my forklift. Then, more trips aren't a big deal. Thankfully, there's not a bunch of thieving going on here.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 4x4 that I used a saw to cut 2 slots into, keeps the saws upright and they hardly slide forward or back even on my plastic truck box. You can barely see it here, it’s about the width of 2 saws side by side but you can upscale it however you like.
That's slick...

Reactions: Lnk

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did it have that seat that folds flat like my '95? I have a tool box to put into mine, but want it easily removable when I want to really fill it.

I dont remember if it folded up or down it wasn't in the truck when I got it so I just rolled with it and thought what a better place to keep them
It's also handy when it's cold out they are warm and start better as long as I have the heat blowing on the floor of truck
Now the back floor board get bar oil all over it lol but I figure atleast it won't rust out

Firewood Bandit

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My saws live in the back seat all Winter. Put down a waterproof tarp, then a moving blanket, cardboard under the saws and a board to hold them in place. Not going to sacrifice space in the 8' box.

Sure it smells like gas and oil, but it is a work truck, that is what I bought it for.DSCF0010.JPG DSCF0005.JPG IMG_20221114_122649.jpg

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is cheating, how much do those set you back, ballpark?
Depends. Project, $2k maybe, lower depending how rough. Driver 5-10, nice ones up to 15k maybe. I paid project price for mine and rebuilt the trans and replaced the alt. Got lucky, nice truck. Lot of bang for the buck if you're tough enough and have the patience, it's done a lot of work and had a lot of fun. Offroading, towing, parades. It's like a diesel pickup, but for men. :D No muffler, no power steering, no insulation. Big old jeep with a noisy, shaking diesel (actually, multifuel, runs on anything flammable) Google M35A2.

Last edited: