Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We recently got planters by freight forwarder, there were a few of them, they looked as if someone had driven over them with a car.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My packages from FedEx look like they played dodgeball with them..

But that may just be my area..
I do know that most FedEx are locally franchised, so they can vary greaty from region to region, depending on ownership, management, and who they hire.

UPS has always been top notch here - best of the best.

And USPS has mostly been OK, but once in a while they lose a simple piece of mail that turns up months later. Packages I’ve had no complaints.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was explained to me in detail by the *a-hole who did it anyway. The sellers been paid , he’s got his money. Ebay confiscates the saw because of perceived import restrictions and refunds the buyer. The saw is sold outside of eBay to (??) to recoup the money. If this is true they almost certainly lose money.
I know exactly how the Ebay scam works through USPS. I did not realize they were still doing it. When they started that crap back in "roughly 2016" I had a couple foreign buyers that I sold saws to lose the saws I sent to the "American address". At that point I refused to participate anymore. Any Ebay seller that claims they are required to participate is full of bull snoot.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
UPS lands saws on 6 continents from here in 5 business days.
USPS sends a package to France instead of Australia.
UPS-SCS has landed 400lb crates of saws for me in Amsterdam in 5 days

mgr1

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was explained to me in detail by the *a-hole who did it anyway. The sellers been paid , he’s got his money. Ebay confiscates the saw because of perceived import restrictions and refunds the buyer. The saw is sold outside of eBay to (??) to recoup the money. If this is true they almost certainly lose money.
Full name from the seller? Not his ebay name.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have bought thousands of items from the U.S. over the last few decades, and USPS has NEVER failed to deliver to me here in Kanada. And no extra fees upon arrival either.

UPS is the absolute WORST delivery method to Kanada. If you are lucky enough to receive your package (don't count on it), they will hold your pkg ransom until you pay at least double in fees once it arrives here. And if (when) they "lose" your package, don't count on their insurance to cover you - it less than worthless (you paid for nothing).

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have bought thousands of items from the U.S. over the last few decades, and USPS has NEVER failed to deliver to me here in Kanada. And no extra fees upon arrival either.

UPS is the absolute WORST delivery method to Kanada. If you are lucky enough to receive your package (don't count on it), they will hold your pkg ransom until you pay at least double in fees once it arrives here. And if (when) they "lose" your package, don't count on their insurance to cover you - it less than worthless (you paid for nothing).
With all due respect that is your Canadian government not UPS. I know you think that when USPS ships to Canada you do not pay the government fees that you do with UPS/Purolator but sadly you do. Check the difference in shipping on 70lbs of saws

USPS= Pay me now (upon shipping)
UPS=Pay me later (upon arrival)

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just took a look at rates. Using the weight and dimensions of a box of 2 saws I sent to France UPS, if I were to send them to Belleville ON it would be.
USPS $246.95
UPS $160.11

That is based on a declared value of $50. If your government is charging you a $86.84 duty on a $50 item that seems a bit out of whack.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all due respect that is your Canadian government not UPS. I know you think that when USPS ships to Canada you do not pay the government fees that you do with UPS/Purolator but sadly you do. Check the difference in shipping on 70lbs of saws

USPS= Pay me now (upon shipping)
UPS=Pay me later (upon arrival)
Not true.
At lest not true to the Yukon.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never shipped to the Yukon. Of course if you are in the bush it will be tough.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can confirm with Av8or3 as I got my latest saw from him and we split the shipping. USPS was substantially less then the rest plus no extra charges for crossing the boarder.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can confirm with Av8or3 as I got my latest saw from him and we split the shipping. USPS was substantially less then the rest plus no extra charges for crossing the boarder.
Oh I believe you but it just has not been my experience. I am going check on some Yukon shipping in a few minutes. I quoted a guy in AUS $270 UPS and $350 USPS on a saw the other night. The saw was a $1000 saw. That is in US dollars. He said he would only pay $400 Aussie money shipped. So he wanted to pay me $260 US for a $1000 saw and I paid the $270 shipping. Yeah I laughed at that

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK I checked the same box going to city hall in Yellowknife.

UPS Worldwide Saver®
BEST$100 insurance included • Estimated delivery Wednesday 4/10 by 11:30 PM if shipped on 4/2
Save 73% • Deepest discount available
$878.99 retail
$240.64

1 x UPS Worldwide Saver® @ $174.69
$174.69
1 x Additional Handling @ $12.95
$12.95
1 x Extended Area Surcharge @ $53.00
$53.00
1 label
$240.64
Switch to USPSfor $6.31 more

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Priority Mail International
Zone 1 • $200 insurance included • Estimated delivery in 6-10 days
Save 6% • Deepest discount available
$261.95 retail
$246.95

1 label
$246.95
Switch to UPS®for $6.31 les

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now there is no doubt that in your area UPS/Purolator/???? must not operate much. That is the first time I have ever seen the rates come anywhere close to each other in any country.

Heck from the packing standpoint I would love to use USPS because their packing materials are free. I love their free tape and boxes.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will add.
The saw of a thread started a yr or so back ( an army green husky) that got confiscated throu global shipping. Only to be relisted on eBay by the same seller, I don’t know how the seller got it back ?

Anyway I did tell the member on here that the saw was up on eBay again, but he just wanted to forget about it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When eBay started the stupid policy years ago I had overseas buyers want to use it. After 2-3 saws never made it out of the eBay/USPS hub in Kentucky or Tennessee I clearly put in the listings that I would gladly ship worldwide but absolutely not through the "global shipping" crap that eBay was pushing.