slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hyway = garbage

I've got a new OEM and a new Titanikel cylinder coming in this week (both are 272). The titan is for my friend who didn't want to pony up for the OEM. I am building him a 272 and also one for me. I might make a thread to compare the two cylinders as best I can.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a new OEM and a new Titanikel cylinder coming in this week (both are 272). The titan is for my friend who didn't want to pony up for the OEM. I am building him a 272 and also one for me. I might make a thread to compare the two cylinders as best I can.
Do the comparison AFTER the grinding.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the AM cylinders may work OK if you are willing to "roll the dice".

But, if I were porting saws for others, and standing behind my work, I would not use them.

As long as your friend understands that he is "gambling", it's OK.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And show the pics of the 2” wide piece of plating that peeled off :p

lol I would do that, be he said he wants his stock. My oem is going to be ground on though.

I might be able to drum up some restraint and cut with stock cylinders to compare stock titanikel for stock oem before I port mine. Both will have the same carb too, the bigger tillotson 224a which has the same venturi as the 272 carbs (17.5mm)

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oem 272 cylinder & piston came in….WOW. Still waiting on the Titanikel to compare but this KS cylinder is something else. Piston is super nice too and the pin is really light. I’ll take pics and weigh after the titan comes in tomorrow.

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 98 cavalier was a great car. Only isue i had was about every other year it neeaded front bearings.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
i have had great luck with the Pontiac equivalent Sunfire.
Had a 98 that we parked at 385k Km's brake pads,alternator one front bearing and one head gasket.My wife drove it for 14 years everyday weather it was -40 or + 40 and never was left stranded or got stuck. Put a battery in it and i'll bet you could drive it again.

isaaccarlson

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just replaced a hyway piston because the pin was pressing up into the aluminum and the holes were out of round by .004". I used an oem piston and it was noticeably harder and heavier than the hyway. It took a while to reshape the oem to match the work I did on the hyway.

I don't know what brand the cylinder is, but it doesn't look too bad (just a few tiger stripes) and the chrome and aluminum felt pretty hard/durable. It took some effort to cut the ports. I have a farmertek box sitting here, so that may be it...