5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The kit comes with the mesh filter 590 45 88-02
Just Order the updated holder and filter separately instead of the kit

Filter (flock). 590 45 88-03
Filter holder 597 27 55-01

From my dealer here in Canada, those two are cheaper than the kit was anyway.

that flock part number you gave is for the nylon mesh filter, according to my dealer here in canada. i picked up my xpg kit today and it came with a nylon filter, so i tried 590 45 88-03 at the dealer and he said it was coming up nylon..
hes gonna get back to me, maybe he is in error, either way i will find out.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*update*

Guess they were wrong, that is the correct part!

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just put my filter upgrade on my 562 today. Is it supposed to be blue or black? Since the dealer screwed up and gave me two. And now the choke lever shut off switch seems to be binding when I push it up to the choke it’s very stiff. Trying to figure out which I did wrong
Any ideas. I looked at my 550 in my 572 and everything seems to be right except for I used to Blue horn. maybe I was supposed to use the black one?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The end of the spring for the control switch is not in the right location. I believe it goes under the metal lever on the control switch. Use your other saw for reference. It's easy to reverse the location, I did once myself.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just put my filter upgrade on my 562 today. Is it supposed to be blue or black? Since the dealer screwed up and gave me two. And now the choke lever shut off switch seems to be binding when I push it up to the choke it’s very stiff. Trying to figure out which I did wrong
Any ideas. I looked at my 550 in my 572 and everything seems to be right except for I used to Blue horn. maybe I was supposed to use the black one?
Mine came with the updated filter. I don't know if this will help, but here's a pic of mine.

Added: Pic is wrong, it goes on top of the spring.

thumbnail_KIMG1832.jpg

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I screwed up when I installed my filter bracket too, make sure the metal choke pin on the carb looks like the one in the pic. The pin on mine was on the wrong side of one of the plastic "ears" so it didn't work well. 30 seconds with a screwdriver and I had my automatic kill switch return back! Also, blue is for heated saws, black is for normal. You can use a blue one in a non-heated saw no problem, but if you put a black one in a heated saw you'll lose the heated carb feature.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup just have to do some digging around the extra bs and thread derails. Lol
Variety is the spice of life, ya know. Plus I personally love a good bs-ing match or thread derail as it's usually a lot of fun and it means most or all of the members of the forum are nice, immature people that can actually get along. Some places just have too many people with their panties in a knot looking for a reason to fight and that's no bueno for the guys that actually wanna discuss stuff.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes for a very disorganized forum. Tough to find any real good technical info in the threads.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas thanks for all the input I’m gonna go out tomorrow and double check but I did use my other saws a reference and that little metal pen that’s in there is in the right place that’s why I was wondering if the blue ones right or the black filter holder is different but I have more time on Sunday to go out and definitely look at it because something is definitely wrong. Because that also affects the throttle lock.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering if the blue ones for a 550 etc. And the black one seems to work fine without it being hooked up to anything so I was gonna switch them out and put the black one on and see what it does maybe it was a defect in the one that I put on.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I screwed up when I installed my filter bracket too, make sure the metal choke pin on the carb looks like the one in the pic. The pin on mine was on the wrong side of one of the plastic "ears" so it didn't work well. 30 seconds with a screwdriver and I had my automatic kill switch return back! Also, blue is for heated saws, black is for normal. You can use a blue one in a non-heated saw no problem, but if you put a black one in a heated saw you'll lose the heated carb feature.
I did the same thing too I put the pin on the wrong side and then I looked at my other saws and I had to switch around like you said 30 seconds with a screwdriver I did mine with needle nose The AV mount that’s on the filter holder off. I believe it today email mount was something like it

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine came with the updated filter. I don't know if this will help, but here's a pic of mine.

View attachment 290713
Are you certain that the spring is in the right spot? I was thinking it went under the choke lever to prevent the choke from closing during normal operation. I might be wrong though.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you certain that the spring is in the right spot? I was thinking it went under the choke lever to prevent the choke from closing during normal operation. I might be wrong though.
Your right, it looks like I put it together wrong. When I first put it together I put it in the right spot but it didn't feel right so I thought that bar must go under the spring. Thanks for pointing that out!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your right, it looks like I put it together wrong. When I first put it together I put it in the right spot but it didn't feel right so I thought that bar must go under the spring. Thanks for pointing that out!
I have a couple out there right now. I’ll look tomorrow and repost here. I could very well be wrong. There’s so much going on in that little area when you’re trying to reconnect the switch, purge bubble, and the heating element on xpg’s that sometimes it gets overlooked