High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
ok.
what kind of tools ya got? we need to have access to "pressure and Vac testing" stuff.
go back to AS and search for cheap alternatives.
generally saws don't just "overheat" unless you "earn" their disrespect.
we're gonna need a "sealant" too. yamabond, dirko and Loctite 518 come to mind fast hunt the cheapest one closest to you.

Lol ok. I also think my dealer woukd let me have them hook it up to their pressure and vac testing. Ooooh I might be able to get into the unused automatic classroom/lab at the high school, they would probably have that sort of thing there, right? I'm friends with the agricultural teacher who is supposed to cover small engine repair =) and since I donated a Honda water transfer pump (that I think needed work) I may have an "in" there.

How long does it take to hook up and run those tests? (Thinking about the Stihl dealer)

Would tractor supply have those sealants?

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
A motorcycle shop would have "hondabond" or "Yamabond" a NAPA or a good quality auto parts store will carry Loctite 518.
doesn't take long once you understand what the 'principals' ( get it.. hehe) are for the testing but you want to test the fuel lines, the impulse lines and the entire engine once reassembled as a unit. also need to find a plug for the decompression release valve. they always leak for tests.
you can "youtube" vacuum testing an 026 and you will get a good idea( its brad Snellings video- and he does a good job describing the process)

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Marvelous, I now have the Workshop Manual and IPL from both my 391 and 661. Now tomorrow, to find testing equipment, and sealant.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why was it apart? Sorry I didn't read all of it.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bet there's no air leak in a seal. If it was running ok till it melted it was probably fuel and oil that got it.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bet there's no air leak in a seal. If it was running ok till it melted it was probably fuel and oil that got it.

Probably correct but Mike has expressed an interest in "familiarization" with his saws. So we gonna start him off methodically. Teaching him some diagnostic skills along the way.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Said he "toasted" it.
Mike, can you get the original piston/cyl so we can inspect "forensically"

I doubt it, but will ask/try. Apparently (and one reason it has taken so long) is that Stihl wanted it's rep. District? to take a look at it (way back). Then when the replacement parts came in, an acquaintance was going to tear it down and put it back together for me..... I heard 2-3 months ago that it (the saw) was back at the dealer in pieces in a box... (the acquaintance worked at the dealer off'n'on part time (retired mechanic who spends a lot of time visiting grand kids)).

Anyways neither the dealer, nor I knew why the saw was back at the dealership, in a box. (Let us just say communication has been lacking).

That is where we find ourselves today. Oh and all of this started like December 2014.....

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I doubt it, but will ask/try. Apparently (and one reason it has taken so long) is that Stihl wanted it's rep. District? to take a look at it (way back). Then when the replacement parts came in, an acquaintance was going to tear it down and put it back together for me..... I heard 2-3 months ago that it (the saw) was back at the dealer in pieces in a box... (the acquaintance worked at the dealer off'n'on part time (retired mechanic who spends a lot of time visiting grand kids)).

Anyways neither the dealer, nor I knew why the saw was back at the dealership, in a box. (Let us just say communication has been lacking).

That is where we find ourselves today. Oh and all of this started like December 2014.....
Just keeps getting better. No fret. We all slept at Holiday Inn Suites recently ....we can do surgery over the phone .