3 cube chain

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, definitely over-kill...smooth as glass on the end grain, but no faster by my watch. Didn’t hurt though.
Appreciate the reply. Mark linked me to an old thread of yours that was very informative. I've been inspired to say the least. All I have left to do is get a stone and test some loops, then tweak from there. Rakers are untouched so they will get tuned to the saw. Thanks again.

Sierrawoodsman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Appreciate the reply. Mark linked me to an old thread of yours that was very informative. I've been inspired to say the least. All I have left to do is get a stone and test some loops, then tweak from there. Rakers are untouched so they will get tuned to the saw. Thanks again.

Glad to help. Smart move on the rakes. I've been fortunate enough to get some good advice from the fellas on here. Happy to pass some of it on. Best of luck to you wolverine. Let us know how they perform @ the races!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just stayin warm...

It's freaking cold out...
I ain’t buyin that answer :)
Looks to be deliberate and done with a file rather than a grinder. The outer surface discoloration has a curve to the top of it as though you rolled the file over the top gently at the end of the stroke, either deliberately or just slightly as the file pulled off the tooth. The real question is did that modification do what you were hoping it would?
And of course i could be totally wrong, just trying to make sense of what i see, even though i wont ever file my own chain :)

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain’t buyin that answer :)
Looks to be deliberate and done with a file rather than a grinder. The outer surface discoloration has a curve to the top of it as though you rolled the file over the top gently at the end of the stroke, either deliberately or just slightly as the file pulled off the tooth. The real question is did that modification do what you were hoping it would?
And of course i could be totally wrong, just trying to make sense of what i see, even though i wont ever file my own chain :)
Just stone..

No rounding of stuff.

Round = Bad

Square = Good

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
D348B9F1-4739-4F17-90BB-DB4D25D81BC9.jpeg
Hedgie the little red crayon arrow is pointing at the curve i was seeing, i though you were relieving the outer edge of the front of the cutter into the top outer surface of the cutter to take a little of the chatter out of that corner to follow the raker profile more closely.
Sometimes i see voices and other *s-word that isn’t there :)
See you in a little while buddy
Dave

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 111883
Hedgie the little red crayon arrow is pointing at the curve i was seeing, i though you were relieving the outer edge of the front of the cutter into the top outer surface of the cutter to take a little of the chatter out of that corner to follow the raker profile more closely.
Sometimes i see voices and other *s-word that isn’t there :)
See you in a little while buddy
Dave
Quit looking at stuff so closely.
It's messin with yer mind.