SHOW ME YOUR AXES

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it does and that’s why I asked. I have a Plumb single bit with the original red handle I and really like the color.

fcd9c724cec09583cf777c77517fd30a.jpg

I Agree.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember you posting that a while ago. That’s a beauty, jealous of how nice the color is on yours. Mines about faded.

I gave $35ish + Shipping off eBay a couple months ago.

My dad had always been a Plumb nut; I knew where it was headed when I bid on it.

Oh Well,
I used it for a few days. [emoji6]

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave $35ish + Shipping off eBay a couple months ago.

My dad had always been a Plumb nut; I knew where it was headed when I bid on it.

Oh Well,
I used it for a few days. [emoji6]
Wow! Can’t believe you got it that cheap on fleabay. That’s a hell of a gift, I’m sure it was appreciated.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! Can’t believe you got it that cheap on fleabay. That’s a hell of a gift, I’m sure it was appreciated.

It was.

After all the things he has provided me over the years, it was the only thing to do.

He had a fit over it when I shot him
Pics of it when it arrived.

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Gransfors Bruk bought them.
They are supposed to continue to operate independently according to the news I saw.
If I understood correctly, Wetterlings will continue operating "making Gransfors products"
to help relieve the demand for GB products, also read the final production of Wetterling axes has left the plant earlier this year.

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your probably right. I read it fast. There was also a video on it.
the times they are changing, not always for the better...especially in these cases. They have been forging longer than GB.
I have one coming, debating on grabbing another before it's too late. I'm torn between keeping one to use and one to not use....just put it up and leave it new. Do I have the will power to put away a brand new axe and never let it see wood for the sake of giving it to my youngest son one day when he's an old fart ??

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some research on my odd shaped sledge hammer that was given to me. It is an ATHA TOOL CO. from New Jersey. It is marked with 12 on the underside as well as cast steel. Still cool to me. Is it worth anything? I think it was a railroad tool.
5ed4ff76982b83fe1d6dd83bd66524c2.jpg
187152cfec6df67ca5fb62ab0f005aba.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Information about cooperation between Wetterlings & Gränsfors Bruk
March 10, 2017

Dear Customer,

Gränsfors Bruk has manufactured hand forged axes since 1902. During all these years, we have continuously developed alongside our competitors. Today there are not that many axe forges left of the traditional kind. Since 2016 Wetterlings Axes belongs to the same company group as Gränsfors Bruk.

Since Wetterlings over the past ten years has faced decreased sales and insufficient profitability, a decision has been made to no longer manufacture axes under the Wetterlings brand. Instead Wetterlings forge will become an additional production site for Gränsfors Bruk.

The two forges have many similarities in the way we forge, grind and fit the axe with a handle. Our choices in material are also equivalent. Right now, the process of transferring Gränsfors Bruk’s way of working to Wetterlings is ongoing. By this act we preserve and develop Wetterlings Axe Forge and we retain the employees’ experience and know-how.

We see great opportunities in this and believe we will be stronger when we cooperate. We will have greater potential and resources to develop our business even further. We will also have the privilege to preserve an important part of Sweden’s craft history by cherishing these cultural sites that our forges are.

Wetterlings Axe Forge and Gränsfors Bruk will hence continue to develop each other. Only now as part of the same team and not as competitors.

Gränsfors, 10 March 2017

@ARPILOT You were correct.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some research on my odd shaped sledge hammer that was given to me. It is an ATHA TOOL CO. from New Jersey. It is marked with 12 on the underside as well as cast steel. Still cool to me. Is it worth anything? I think it was a railroad tool.
5ed4ff76982b83fe1d6dd83bd66524c2.jpg
187152cfec6df67ca5fb62ab0f005aba.jpg
I saw one of those a few days ago while sifting through a flea market for axes. Wish I knew more about it, very cool sledge

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the Atha tools were forged and used as blacksmith tools. The one I have says cast steel. 12 lbs.

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Information about cooperation between Wetterlings & Gränsfors Bruk
March 10, 2017

Dear Customer,

Gränsfors Bruk has manufactured hand forged axes since 1902. During all these years, we have continuously developed alongside our competitors. Today there are not that many axe forges left of the traditional kind. Since 2016 Wetterlings Axes belongs to the same company group as Gränsfors Bruk.

Since Wetterlings over the past ten years has faced decreased sales and insufficient profitability, a decision has been made to no longer manufacture axes under the Wetterlings brand. Instead Wetterlings forge will become an additional production site for Gränsfors Bruk.

The two forges have many similarities in the way we forge, grind and fit the axe with a handle. Our choices in material are also equivalent. Right now, the process of transferring Gränsfors Bruk’s way of working to Wetterlings is ongoing. By this act we preserve and develop Wetterlings Axe Forge and we retain the employees’ experience and know-how.

We see great opportunities in this and believe we will be stronger when we cooperate. We will have greater potential and resources to develop our business even further. We will also have the privilege to preserve an important part of Sweden’s craft history by cherishing these cultural sites that our forges are.

Wetterlings Axe Forge and Gränsfors Bruk will hence continue to develop each other. Only now as part of the same team and not as competitors.

Gränsfors, 10 March 2017

@ARPILOT You were correct.
Thanks for posting the article

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've been doing axe research lately (and purchasing lol) and thinking how much I like the Swedish made axes BUT my saws are German ! I think I ran across some German made axes, anybody have any experience with them ?? If I remember right, Bieber maybe was the brand ??