XRoadsBurner

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey folks,

I figured after a couple hundred hours of lurking it's finally about time to actually make a post and participate.

I'm a tech dork hobby farming wood burner that lives about 45 minutes outside of Nashville, TN.

I created an account here and on the other site a couple years ago right before I decided to swap a 4bt into a bump side highboy. That, work, and renovating an old farmhouse kept me from noticing saws for a couple years.

Ran an ms290 for years until I found the other site and started "needing" a real saw, so I snagged a 372xp OE.

Anyhow, I recently snagged an 028 locally for $100 which got me back on here. Gaskets, seals, and fuel lines are on the way. I liked the feel so much I wanted the modern version too,.so I reached out to @Brown8417 and picked up his ported 261 too see what all the fuss is about.

I have one Massey tractor, but I'm not a dedicated MF or anything so I'm trying to change my username to XRoadsBurner (I'm a neighborhood called Crossroads).

Nice to meet you all 👋

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey folks,

I figured after a couple hundred hours of lurking it's finally about time to actually make a post and participate.

I'm a tech dork hobby farming wood burner that lives about 45 minutes outside of Nashville, TN.

I created an account here and on the other site a couple years ago right before I decided to swap a 4bt into a bump side highboy. That, work, and renovating an old farmhouse kept me from noticing saws for a couple years.

Ran an ms290 for years until I found the other site and started "needing" a real saw, so I snagged a 372xp OE.

Anyhow, I recently snagged an 028 locally for $100 which got me back on here. Gaskets, seals, and fuel lines are on the way. I liked the feel so much I wanted the modern version too,.so I reached out to @Brown8417 and picked up his ported 261 too see what all the fuss is about.

I have one Massey tractor, but I'm not a dedicated MF or anything so I'm trying to change my username to XRoadsBurner (I'm a neighborhood called Crossroads).

Nice to meet you all 👋
Welcome to the madness.

XRoadsBurner

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
great dude, nice to talk to and do business with... A1 in my books.
Thanks and likewise. Enjoyed out chat.

Somebody buy this mans MMWS 500i before I get in trouble 😂

Since this my thread and I guess I can do what I want with it.

1.) Today's random musing- Being a dork as I previously mentioned means I have horrible allergies to just about everything outside. Every year when I heat with hickory I wake up with a horrible stuffy nose and itchy throat. But it burns so hot and long I just suck it up. Well I recently bought a $180 hepa filter and tucked in on the living room corner by the stove. Zero symptoms at all since getting it. So relieved.

2.) I think I really need a gasifier. This looks awesome https://www.thriveoffgrid.net/ . If anyone has first hand experience, please pipe up.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks and likewise. Enjoyed out chat.

Somebody buy this mans MMWS 500i before I get in trouble 😂

Since this my thread and I guess I can do what I want with it.

1.) Today's random musing- Being a dork as I previously mentioned means I have horrible allergies to just about everything outside. Every year when I heat with hickory I wake up with a horrible stuffy nose and itchy throat. But it burns so hot and long I just suck it up. Well I recently bought a $180 hepa filter and tucked in on the living room corner by the stove. Zero symptoms at all since getting it. So relieved.

2.) I think I really need a gasifier. This looks awesome https://www.thriveoffgrid.net/ . If anyone has first hand experience, please pipe up.

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

I've never heard of such a thing. I'll watch the videos when I get time.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey folks,

Nice to meet you all 👋

Nice to meet you! I have a 1955 TO-35 and 1970 165 myself.

XRoadsBurner

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to pickup a 35 or 135 one of these days. Too many projects at the moment. My next tractor needs to be something newish and Asian but the old one will always have a special space in my heart.