High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

SHOW ME YOUR AXES

ARPILOT

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been doing axe research lately (and purchasing lol) and thinking how much I like the Swedish made axes BUT my saws are German ! I think I ran across some German made axes, anybody have any experience with them ?? If I remember right, Bieber maybe was the brand ??
BIBER not Bieber lol - do NOT google search Bieber Axes..... I'll work extra hard now to get my guy card back after that mistake !

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
10:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was one of my dads axes. Found it hanging in his garage with a new handle. Guess he never got around to hanging it before he passed. No markings on it other than “Made in USA”. As you can see it has a nice wide temper line and the steel has a good ring to it when I strike it. He always had a good eye for a quality axe. I might put a shorter handle on this and use it as a wedge driver when I’m felling trees.
31494F36-6EB3-4230-8CD7-13A7A2B2099F.jpeg 12AC16E8-0215-4D7E-B1B7-431D84BAA80E.jpeg

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its dissapointing seeing what some will do to a nice hand forged bit. Many think due to the weight, an axe is just as good as a sledgehammer to pound on star posts or whatever. A few makers would heat treat both ends of a bit so it could be used to strike things but most did'nt. I use an angle grinder to remove the bulk of the mushroomed sides followed by sanding. A wire cup wheel or scotch bridge surface prep roloc style disc makes short work of rust. I don't soak for rust removal, not saying its not effective but I'd rather use a rotary tool and fill my sinuses with rust dust and metal taste that lingers in ya throat for hours. You get an appreciation of what the steel tastes like:eek:

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stupid question, but what is everyone using for their wooden handles? Boiled linseed oil? How often do they need to be treated?
It's not a stupid question. I like to use Watco danish oil myself. If it looks like it could use more I will just do it again.