Self feeding issues

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our maple here and Chevy s way doesn’t stink. I like it. Split it big or leave round and it doesn’t burn up fast and makes amazing heat.

Try some Doug fir or for giggles get a hold of some vine maple you’ll have a good hot stove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Standard notch. Then you’d cut into the point of that triangle like you would usually do

I’ve read of it. I’ve never used it. I do the bore through. My maples around here will get wild

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 159906 The junkman draws prettier. But that’s bout how it works
Some situations guys do not use an actual notch in the face(cut #1), just a single cut into the face which doesn't act as much of a hinge. On those trees it's going where it's going anyway and you have little control your only getting it to the ground, it's much like cutting a vertical branch that's the size of a tree.
Another name for this cut is the coos bay, or CB for short.
Works great on hard leaners especially those prone to chairing as well as trees that you can not bore because there is not enough room even for a small face cut and a bore with a strap(although many times I'll angle my bore cut to take less space on those, sorry Kevin no crayons).
Here's a video, better than crayons lol.
First is the CB, second is a standard bore with a trigger, the later is not great when you have a side leaner as your bar can get pinched, please don't ask how I know lol.

Last edited: