Remodeling an old house + addition

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It may have been clear PEX, but it was kinda white in color.

I just figured the sprinklers would have to be an entirely separate system. But I guess they don’t.
Gotta love the sprinkler systems in commercial buildings. All that foul water mixed with cutting oil leaves a nasty azz mess in the lines.

MontanaTed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
This is residential... required in all new construction in Ca.

When I was writing that was wondering if you meant fire suppression. I was thinking lawn...

That is odd they tied it into the cold lines. I thought those were supposed to be on their own feed, interesting.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was writing that was wondering if you meant fire suppression. I was thinking lawn...

That is odd they tied it into the cold lines. I thought those were supposed to be on their own feed, interesting.
Yep. Fire sprinklers... it was the first time I’d ever seen them tied into the cold water supply lines, but they definitely were. The ones I’ve seen in the past were a completely separate system.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You gonna have a hard connection between addition ans existing or separation with passageway?

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up 125 sheets of material and unloaded it today... T-111 siding, 1/2” OSB for the roof, and 3/4 OSB T&G for the floor of my addition. Trusses will be done next week, but I can’t pull the roof off of the existing part of the house until I get a break in the weather... and who know when that will be? :nusenuse:676D96E1-9050-4C78-BDDC-A695BF449C0A.jpeg

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good damn job.
Thanks, Randy.

It was a long damn day, but I think we eliminated 99% of the rotten crap. I’m gonna have to do something about the grading around the house, and install some sort of French drain at some point, otherwise it will just happen again.

ponil

New OPE Member
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow! Amazing work you are doing there. Congratulations! It looks really amazing especially if you compare to the first version. I am planning to buy a property on the French Riviera https://tranio.com/france/cote_d_azur/ as they have a lot of old houses there that can be renovated and decorated based on your taste.