new truck prices

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone had a good look at the Nissan Titan XD with the 5.0L Cummins in it?
I looked at the price and ran, their as high or higher than a dodge with a cummins, also they are v-8's and less power than the I-6 cummins.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cgraham1: Yes the SBC 3250 dual disc is the way to go. It's a very nice clutch, quiet, smooth engaging and can hold the power up to 650 hp. Better than stock any day, your wife will be pleased too.

Yes, you can keep your truck on level 5 all the time. On my truck, there's only 2 levels, controlled by the foot, a nice driving sleeper, or a fire breathing monster.

I've seen a Husband and Wife with kids in Dieselpower Magazine, both have their own 1,100+ hp Dodge Megacabs and go drag racing all the time.

Last edited:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think for someone who needs a good truck, but isn't trying to tow Manhattan, the XD Titan could be a damn good choice, after initial prices come down a bit. OTOH, I want a Semi, but don't want to tag one so a -450 or -550 truck will be my next target...

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is bad azz!!!...you think he could trick out my '06 MegaCab w/Hemi?? Lol

View attachment 13965

Yes, I love those big Dodges. Very bad azz. I'd do one in a heartbeat if funds available.

Nice mega cab yourself!

Unfortunately the company that built 3 of these Dodges, several fords, closed their doors.

But I'm sure that any shop that do mega cab long box conversions or body shops can do one of these as well.

The box on the 6x6 Dodges are 2 mega cab boxes joined together to make a 10 ft long box.

The rear suspension is military style cantilever I think. But I'd go with Freightliner Airliner Suspensions or Peterbilt, Kenworth air suspensions as they're very smooth.

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't offer them a penny over $44,500. They'll come back with some BS counteroffer, try to close the deal. I'd step to $44,800 bottom line, if you want it bad enough...move on if ya hafta. They'll still be making more than a 'mini deal', trust me. My oldest brother owns a dealership...I know the car business inside and out...all about the black book...to hell with any NADA book, regardless of color. Pay attention to whatcha doing...it's just another used vehicle sittin on a lot with a bunch of floor-planned dealership vehicles. And I doubt they're a motors-holding dealership. Work'em.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't offer them a penny over $44,500. They'll come back with some BS counteroffer, try to close the deal. I'd step to $44,800 bottom line, if you want it bad enough...move on if ya hafta. They'll still be making more than a 'mini deal', trust me. My oldest brother owns a dealership...I know the car business inside and out...all about the black book...to hell with any NADA book, regardless of color. Pay attention to whatcha doing...it's just another used vehicle sittin on a lot with a bunch of floor-planned dealership vehicles. And I doubt they're a motors-holding dealership. Work'em.
Still trying to decide if I want those light colored seats. I get pretty dirty sometimes. If they were grey I would have done been on it. but you say 4 grand less than their asking. I will do that if I decide on it.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So you guys think the 3250 with the upgraded hydraulics is the way to go? I just don't want it to be excessively noisy, or for driveability to suffer too much. I will probably set the Smarty to level 5 and leave it there.
Yes. The singles are harsh engagement with not much feathering them to back up. I'd ditch the smarty and get an efi live set up.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still trying to decide if I want those light colored seats. I get pretty dirty sometimes. If they were grey I would have done been on it. but you say 4 grand less than their asking. I will do that if I decide on it.
I'd search a little wider. That's more than I paid for mine new.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd search a little wider. That's more than I paid for mine new.
I have been looking, but within 100 miles from me.was yours a Laramie? I can find a 2015 tradesman for 35 grand.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been looking, but within 100 miles from me.was yours a Laramie? I can find a 2015 tradesman for 35 grand.
3500 but not a Laramie. Wait about another month and they usually have big rebates on new ones. I got mine for $40k plus tax after rebates the year I bought it.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found my farmer buddy a 2003 long box, 4 door, 4x4 truck with 155,000 miles from Texas in 2008. That truck was $10,000 cheaper than any truck in Ontario at the time.

So he bought it, had it floated to Detroit, and we picked it up there.

Nice truck, no rust. Now it's 2016, still has the same truck, no rust as it's been undercoated etc. Has 260,000 miles on it now.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Those full pimp used Cummins are high for a reason. They can sell and finance that thing to someone with bad credit and good cash flow and really stick 'em.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those full pimp used Cummins are high for a reason. They can sell and finance that thing to someone with bad credit and good cash flow and really stick 'em.
That's right...but it takes two to tango. Gotta be smart about what ya willin' to pay. And how long you're willing to take the financing. Upside down from the get go...is what it is.