new truck prices

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in no way supporting dodging taxes but your vehicle is your property and should be respectfully treated as such.

Now if they saw you fueling up your trucks at the pumps then walk up questioning you about it then you are fair game.

So are they ASE certified mechanics too? I can understand checking the road worthiness of a vehicle but the fuel deal seems more like the department of revenue field since its tax related.

Do you know how you become ASE certified? All Dot inspections have to be performed by a certified inspector.

ASE cert is if you answer the question the same as the rest of the people at that one test taking time, not if it’s correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you know how you become ASE certified? All Dot inspections have to be performed by a certified inspector.

ASE cert is if you answer the question the same as the rest of the people at that one test taking time, not if it’s correct.

Wow that's scary thinking about that.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Im going to have to disagree with you on the ASE testing. I dont believe that its a guarantee that the guy doing the work is top notch, but it's multiple choice, pick the answer most likely to be correct/source of problem.
Ive been master certified for 20 years now, with light duty diesel and advanced driveability.
Last time I took the re-certs, I got sent to a facility that does nothing but testing. For whatever. I had to empty pockets, remove shoes, pretty much everything but a cavity search. I then went into a room, by myself, that was continuously video monitored and took the tests via computer.
To even be eligible for ASE, you need minimum 4 years in the field, or 2 years with 2 years tech school.
I doubt the DOT inspectors have the same testing.
I have no doubt he can find broken crap or stuff thats been modified, but I highly doubt he could diagnose and repair a fault in the reductant system, or the like.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not real fond of my chrome mirror covers and chrome door handles, but I’m not very motivated to do anything about it...