TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo I've never had a nice or new vehicle, and a couple weeks ago I pulled the trigger on a 2021 Ford F150, 4x4, 5.0 extended cab. Maaaaaan do I love this truck. Couple little things I wanna do to it:

Level it
33s
Intake
Exhaust.

In January I am having a bedliner sprayed in and a very nice System One over cab Rack installed. I frequently need to haul long material, long aluminum planks etc.

Wanted some thoughts from you guys about what tires to go with mostly, lots of great rubber out there these days!

Intake will probably be the Roush, exhaust will likely be the Borla S type.

Dom20211204_081758.jpg

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an ‘11 with the 5.0. I get 16mpg daily driving. I wished I got the bigger gas engine now because we got a camper that maxed out the towing capacity. I also wish I would have gotten one with tow package and so on. Mine a real basic XLT but the price was good at the time and I had no camper to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as tires go, what type of driving do you do most?
How much time is spent on snow/ice and dirt?
And do you care if you can "hear" them a little bit?

And congrats on the new rig. Hope it gives you many, many trouble free miles!

Can you recommend some swamp donkeys? Asking for a friend

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as tires go, what type of driving do you do most?
How much time is spent on snow/ice and dirt?
And do you care if you can "hear" them a little bit?

And congrats on the new rig. Hope it gives you many, many trouble free miles!
Its a fair mix of on road and off road driving. The jobsites don't often have nice or manicured driveways lol

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a fair mix of on road and off road driving. The jobsites don't often have nice or manicured driveways lol

There's the ever popular BFG all terrain t/a. Great snow and ice traction, decent in rain and mud. But, prices have skyrocketed lately.

There's a Goodyear Duratrac. Same could be said for it. I run these on my plow truck. I personally like them better in mud than the BFG a/t.

On my other truck and daughters truck I have General Grabber a/TX. Good in rain, excellent on snow/ice, probably even better than the Duratracs. They have the winter snowflake rating. Great in sand, dirt, not quite as good as the Goodyear in mud. Much better price wise.

I believe all of these are USA made too.
I'm not too fond of the typical bro-dozer brands like Nitto and Yokohama. Most of their tires don't have enough siping for my liking as that's what really helps on ice.
I also would rather give up some miles as far as wear goes for a tire that has better traction. I don't run mine down to nothing either, and usually have zero issues selling my used tires on Craigslist after I replace them..

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using the Duratrac's for a bunch of years. I like 'em a lot. Awesome in the snow, not loud and while I've never tracked actual mileage, they last very well.

I wheeled (offroad in the Jeep) with a guy that ran General Grabbers, he struggled quite a bit on obstacles our Mickey Thompson MTZ simply crawled over or through.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice truck! Always been a fan of ko2s and I run them on both my t4r and my ranger. I also really like the new toyo at3s. Duratracs have the edge in the snow but the sidewalls are made of glass. If you are looking towards a hybrid the ridge graps are probably the best. What gearing does the truck have?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look like 20” rims you got there? Get a set of 17” or 18” wheels. Much cheaper to buy tires for than 20’s in the long run. They’ll ride much better with the thicker sidewall and that thicker sidewall is better off-road too. 20’s with 33’s (275/60/20) are gonna be quite heavy and hurt your mileage/performance. 20’s do look nice and fill out the wheel well but for me the negatives kinda outweigh the positives in my opinion.

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure you get Line-X, their bedliner has lasted over 20 years with no issues while whatever brand the dealership sprayed in my dad's 2020 F350 started peeling late last year.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice truck! Always been a fan of ko2s and I run them on both my t4r and my ranger. I also really like the new toyo at3s. Duratracs have the edge in the snow but the sidewalls are made of glass. If you are looking towards a hybrid the ridge graps are probably the best. What gearing does the truck have?
Truck has 3.31s, but is equipped with the ten speed auto. Makes for plenty of reduction.
Those look like 20” rims you got there? Get a set of 17” or 18” wheels. Much cheaper to buy tires for than 20’s in the long run. They’ll ride much better with the thicker sidewall and that thicker sidewall is better off-road too. 20’s with 33’s (275/60/20) are gonna be quite heavy and hurt your mileage and performance. 20’s do look nice and fill out the wheel well but for me the negatives kinda outweigh the positives in my opinion.
Nope, gonna keep the 20s. Love the look, love the handling and sidewall rigidity.

Likely be General Grabber at2 or the BFG AT K02. It has Hankook Dynapro's on which are super nice on the road but in the snow this past week they showed serious weakness.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure you get Line-X, their bedliner has lasted over 20 years with no issues while whatever brand the dealership sprayed in my dad's 2020 F350 started peeling late last year.
Local company uses "Bullet liner" and several locals that have had it done say it is absolutely stout and stands the test of time.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the grabber ATx on mine. They eat gas milage but grip real well.

As far as intake and exhaust goes, don't turn your nice new ride into an old pos by making it loud for no reason. Also you know you will never clean the k&n! :D

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hankook Dynapros have been the worst AT tire I've ever had. They are very slippery on ice and snow and I even had problems backing up an incline without 4x4. I also hydroplaned with them this fall but they were getting fairly worn. Couldn't wait to get them off.
Some of the better ones I have had are BFG KO2, the older Yokohama Geolanders, Cooper AT3/Big O Bigfoot. These have all been in nasty mud, blizzards, plowing, ice, and snow covered fields.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my boss has a new 150 and when he looked at getting some "bigger" tires the tire guy told him that the dealer would have to "reprogram" it. So theirs that.

Does it have the rear locker?

If the tire hold air then run them till they don't.

And PLEASE don't mod the exhaust. Enjoy the silence.

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn nice machine Dom. I'm jealous.
It took so much struggling, and saving, and driving an old truck for years and working every weekend for years to have enough to out down to make the payment reasonable. Don't be jealous, it sucked lol
So my boss has a new 150 and when he looked at getting some "bigger" tires the tire guy told him that the dealer would have to "reprogram" it. So theirs that.

Does it have the rear locker?

If the tire hold air then run them till they don't.

And PLEASE don't mod the exhaust. Enjoy the silence.
No rear locker, the traction control works very well. They all need to be reprogrammed for taller rubber. Im just going to level it and keep the factory size.

As far as the exhaust goes, the cabin is incredibly quiet. Sure I could leave it stock, but I also don't feel like it would be terrible.