Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
holy moly
I took a peek at a nice looking F150 today at the local dealer, it said platinum on the back and it must have been coated in the stuff.
$62, 500 for an F150 my 2002 7.3 crewcab powerstroke was less than $52K sticker when it was new
couldn't find a "reasonable" truck on the lot.
I am kicking around the idea of getting something less expensive and cumbersome to drive, I love my 7.3 but it is showing it's years and needs some TLC.
Maybe I will look at other brands, it doesn't look like ford even makes smaller trucks anymore
Dave

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DefinitiveDave: Can't go wrong with a Ram Eco diesel, with 4 corner air-ride. Those engines can be "ported", make north of 440 hp with easy 650 tq while still maintaining their great mileage.... That's a easy 13 second truck to go with these fancy ported saws we all love...

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my 7.3 has a few mods :) as does our Jetta TDI:) I like diesel I just want something that feels like it fits in a typical parking lot without being tiny.
The cab of the Jetta is really too small for my comfort, Julie loves it. Dodge dealer is close by I wonder if he has an eco?
price and mileage are considerations for me too as is the ugly grill :(
Dave

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DefinitiveDave: I'm not sure how well the 1500 rams fit in parking lots as they aren't really much smaller than a full sized ford, but being a little smaller would sure make a difference.

I know how hard it is to park a extended cab long box 2500 ram truck.... I get more walking exercises though... Sucks if it rains and truck is at the other end of the property....

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you don't mind a gasser for a daily driver you might check with fastenal. We get all of our farm pickups from them. Usually 50 to 60k on them and they are a great buy for what we need anyways. They are mostly half ton dodges but we found a 3/4 ton with a hemi for mine. I wasn't really a fan of the looks at first either but I have really liked it so far.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that a good idea we use Fastenal to ship heavy stuff and there are several within 20 minutes of my house
I need a daily driver to drive to meet with clients (who expect a landscape guy to drive a truck even if he does no work) and to drive packages to the post office every day/pick up deliveries at the dealership.
Dave

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Truck prices are ridiculous, I'm trying to find a used dodge Cummins that I like and they are 50 grand for one with low miles. Every time I find a nice one I get to thinkin, ain't nothing wrong with mine after the sticker shock. Hell I can remember a good house sold for 50 grand.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is unreal the prices of pickups! 50-60 grand is a hard pill to swallow. It seems like the 10yr old diesels are holding their value well because of all the emissions crap on newer stuff.

Good luck! And be prepared to get butt hurt....;)

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For your application Dave, I would also look into the 3.5 eco boost. My buddies dad has one and loves it. I was impressed tugging a loaded 16' trailer full of rounds.

His only complaint is the aluminum body panels. He has already had a dent repaired and it was a salty bill.