new truck prices

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That all sounds Communist to me. I can understand the concern with being in California where they enforce that crap. I don't think they care much about it here.

I’ve heard that dot is checking fuel and smog equipment at sale barns and other places like that. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from Hoskey Hills

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard that dot is checking fuel and smog equipment at sale barns and other places like that. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from Hoskey Hills
Yep a bunch of bs. My buddy got pulled over, and they wanted to put a test strip in his tanks. In the end they didn't, but it's happening out here.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DOT and registry police work together with local PD up here and do these little checks regularly in the warmer months.
They can dip anyones tank without any probable cause to check fuel.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DOT and registry police work together with local PD up here and do these little checks regularly in the warmer months.

Locked fuel cap [emoji106]

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ah 4th amendment violation doesn't matter up there?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really shouldn't be surprised really.

Still isn't right.

Part of making sure your “emissions” are compliant, like a A class or B class guys get checked for the filter ect. I’d hate to be in California where equipment is being required to be compliant as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

IDK, if you're running your truck on public highways, I think you gotta follow the laws. Dyed diesel is a common way for diesel pickup drivers to evade taxes, doesn't it seem right for them to be on the lookout for that?

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The off road fuel that's red. He buys 500 gallons at a time for his equipment , and the truck gets some as well.

So, he was in fact dodging the fuel tax. I don't know why people get surprised that the authorities are enforcing that regulation when it's commonly violated. I'm not saying your buddy is doing this, but some of these same guys are probably driving into town on tax free fuel to park at the local diner and complain about the condition of the roads with their buddies.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, he was in fact dodging the fuel tax. I don't know why people get surprised that the authorities are enforcing that regulation when it's commonly violated. I'm not saying your buddy is doing this, but some of these same guys are probably driving into town on tax free fuel to park at the local diner and complain about the condition of the roads with their buddies.
Lol the taxes are unreal out here and the roads absolutely suck. The taxes aren't being used to fix the roads. I know big surprise there huh.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir. Not incriminating yourself. It is vehicle safety compliance check. Operating is a privilege not a right.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IDK, if you're running your truck on public highways, I think you gotta follow the laws. Dyed diesel is a common way for diesel pickup drivers to evade taxes, doesn't it seem right for them to be on the lookout for that?

I'm in no way supporting dodging taxes but your vehicle is your property and should be respectfully treated as such.

Now if they saw you fueling up your trucks at the pumps then walk up questioning you about it then you are fair game.

No sir. Not incriminating yourself. It is vehicle safety compliance check. Operating is a privilege not a right.

So are they ASE certified mechanics too? I can understand checking the road worthiness of a vehicle but the fuel deal seems more like the department of revenue field since its tax related.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol the taxes are unreal out here and the roads absolutely suck. The taxes aren't being used to fix the roads. I know big surprise there huh.
Since they were blowing all the gas tax money on other things, the *a-holes in Sacramento decided to pass another 12 cent per gallon tax, plus added $100 per year to our vehicle license fees... now I’m sure the roads will get fixed. :rolleyes:

The registration on my “new” used 2016 F-350 was $922.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since they were blowing all the gas tax money on other things, the *a-holes in Sacramento decided to pass another 12 cent per gallon tax, plus added $100 per year to our vehicle license fees... now I’m sure the roads will get fixed. :rolleyes:

The registration on my “new” used 2016 F-350 was $922.
Don't you feel sorry for the state? Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly sure Dub.