Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’ll lift around 900ish pounds give or take depending on what I had for breakfast. I like it for tight spaces doing tree work. It has its drawbacks though. It’s hard on lawns and gets stuck pretty easy in the woods same as any wheeled skid steer. If it didn’t do 95% of what I need I could maybe justify having a tractor too.
My little articulating machine can only lift 800. It doesn't tear up the lawn though. It too carries the tools out front. Wish it had more power or lift height. But it too does what I need. I have tractors for the other stuff.IMG_8388.jpg

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My little articulating machine can only lift 800. It doesn't tear up the lawn though. It too carries the tools out front. Wish it had more power or lift height. But it too does what I need. I have tractors for the other stuff.View attachment 359619

Interesting machine you have there.
Glad you like the new splitter. I went with the CountryLine 30-ton the first of the year after my 25-ton died in a fire. At least insurance paid for the replacement. I never get in a hurry but try to work steady at it and for me it goes from the splitter to a tote so it can be moved and stored until sold.20221003_161636.jpg

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
My little articulating machine can only lift 800. It doesn't tear up the lawn though. It too carries the tools out front. Wish it had more power or lift height. But it too does what I need. I have tractors for the other stuff.View attachment 359619
Ooh I like that! Been wanting to upgrade to an articulated machine. If you don’t mind me asking what did it set you back?

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ooh I like that! Been wanting to upgrade to an articulated machine. If you don’t mind me asking what did it set you back?
I bought mine used with 750 hours on it. I gave around 8k for it with attachments. Bucket, rake, potato digger, mini hoe, post hole with 6 and 13 inch augers, and the grapple. New the machines are like 14k without attachments. They sell used ones, and the machines are all hydro. Basically an engine with three pumps. No service center, you are the service center. Great over the phone tech support. I lucked into mine, then another came up for sale near me and I told my neighbor and he snagged it.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I bought mine used with 750 hours on it. I gave around 8k for it with attachments. Bucket, rake, potato digger, mini hoe, post hole with 6 and 13 inch augers, and the grapple. New the machines are like 14k without attachments. They sell used ones, and the machines are all hydro. Basically an engine with three pumps. No service center, you are the service center. Great over the phone tech support. I lucked into mine, then another came up for sale near me and I told my neighbor and he snagged it.
Nice! That’s a good price for the machine and all the attachments too. I paid 8k used for the dingo, bucket, forks, auger, and some extra bits. I ended up having to replace the engine not long after I got it though.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! That’s a good price for the machine and all the attachments too. I paid 8k used for the dingo, bucket, forks, auger, and some extra bits. I ended up having to replace the engine not long after I got it though.
I figured the attachments were worth what I paid, so the machine was free. I could replace the tram pump and all four wheel motors for 2 grand, an engine is just a 25 hp Robin Subaru, but it is a generic engine. You got a great deal on the dingo. I would have scooped that up if I saw it before mine. I will probably be doing that pump and motor as it has a hard time on a couple of my hills. There is plenty of HP just not enough drive. So I zig zag up the tough ones. The picture of you lifting that oak log is impressive.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new Kohler pro 14 is an excellent engine. In my industry we use a lot of pony Motors 390, 620, 630 etc. There is a shortage of Honda motors. I needed a replacement motor earlier in the year and searched all over the east coast. One of the major suppliers told me that they had a pallet of Honda motors but they were told by the Honda rep that once those were gone there would not be any more avail in the US til Dec 2023. This shortage has caused several in my industry to start testing the Kohler on the equipment we use. Everything I have heard is positive. Some like it better than the Honda. Others have said to not pay more or go out of the way for the Honda, the Kohler is just as good.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Headed out back to get some more wood. So much easier to make firewood with a splitter. Couple hours work and processed another truck load.IMG_8396.jpg IMG_8397.jpg

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea, seems like oak. Tree was dead leaning against another. A Widowmaker, so down it came. Cut it up into 2 loads. Almost have all of next year's wood put up already. Haven't seen any locust around here. Loats of oak, hickory, and sweetgum.

TALLGUY

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new Kohler pro 14 is an excellent engine. In my industry we use a lot of pony Motors 390, 620, 630 etc. There is a shortage of Honda motors. I needed a replacement motor earlier in the year and searched all over the east coast. One of the major suppliers told me that they had a pallet of Honda motors but they were told by the Honda rep that once those were gone there would not be any more avail in the US til Dec 2023. This shortage has caused several in my industry to start testing the Kohler on the equipment we use. Everything I have heard is positive. Some like it better than the Honda. Others have said to not pay more or go out of the way for the Honda, the Kohler is just as good.
I just picked up a kohler 14hp walk behind stump grinder. Motor fit and finish looking really good. One pull starts.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no idea, seems like oak. Tree was dead leaning against another. A Widowmaker, so down it came. Cut it up into 2 loads. Almost have all of next year's wood put up already. Haven't seen any locust around here. Loats of oak, hickory, and sweetgum.
At first glance it looked like locust bark. I believe you are right on the oak.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At first glance it looked like locust bark. I believe you are right on the oak.
Smells like oak and splits like it, not too good at identifying without leaves. I only cut deadfall, and trees I want gone.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is an '88 k1500. Scottsdale, whatever that means. Used as a farm truck. I have 2 ferds, an '81 F150 ranger, and a 95 F250 extended cab long bed.
I too have an 88 but a k2500. Originally from SC. Used to be nice like yours but hard times and ohio salt did the body in. Was lucky enough to come across a southern rust free 8ft bed one day so that's on it now. Cab and front fenders are shot. I keep telling myself one day I'll make it nice again

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I too have an 88 but a k2500. Originally from SC. Used to be nice like yours but hard times and ohio salt did the body in. Was lucky enough to come across a southern rust free 8ft bed one day so that's on it now. Cab and front fenders are shot. I keep telling myself one day I'll make it nice again
This one has fender rot, bed is solid. One frame mount for the cab is rough, but the cab is solid. It has a ecm problem, can't pull codes, but it starts and runs good. Stumbles on throttle. Fuel pressure was low, so replaced the pump. 13 psi all to time now. The wire you disconnect to set the timing doesn't change the timing. Voltages and grounds are present at the ecm. Temp sensor is good. May get around to it someday. Hauls wood just fine on the farm.