USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So rural king cancelled my order and refunded me. They called to tell me. So I went and bought the one I could lay my hands on at tractor supply. I had a couple of gift cards so it didn't hurt as bad. So now I have a 30 ton splitter. labeled an Oregon splitter. It has a Kohler engine, which I prefer over the Briggs. So my quest is over. Lunch, and then splitting wood for the rest of the day. Thanks for all the advice.
Pics, pics...we need damn pics!

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My day job is all about production, get as much square footage done, in the least amount of steps in the allowed time, and you might get the carrot. You learn lots about speed, how & where you can save time.

It seems to carry over into my hobby's also.

Truck full of wood, splitter, totes, forklift. Stand in-between and start splitting.

I hate handling crap more then needed.

IMG_20190311_183750.jpg

Last edited:

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While kinetics are nice machines, I work alone, so I am the bottleneck, not the machine. Looks like you process much more wood than I.

Humans are not always the bottleneck. Don't blame the Indian, if he does not have all of his arrows.

I can do a 1 cord (4x4x8) in 1 hour by myself, with a hydro splitter, if things are set up right, from the word go.

I'm not racing anyone with a kinetic. I just like things to run smoothly.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My day job is all about production, get as much square footage done, in the least amount of steps in the allowed time, and you might get the carrot. You learn lots about speed, how & where you can save time.

It seems to carry over into my hobby's also.

Truck full of wood, splitter, totes, forklift. Stand in-between and start splitting.

I hate handling crap more then needed.

View attachment 359570
I try to be as efficient as I can also. I had to deal with the way I did by hand. I have it all cleaned up now, so can develope a more efficient system. I prefer not to handle the same piece twice too. I do feel much better this morning than any other day I have ever split wood. Ready to do it again today.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
What is the lift capacity of that dingo? Neat unit.
It’ll lift around 900ish pounds give or take depending on what I had for breakfast. I like it for tight spaces doing tree work. It has its drawbacks though. It’s hard on lawns and gets stuck pretty easy in the woods same as any wheeled skid steer. If it didn’t do 95% of what I need I could maybe justify having a tractor too.