Country flag

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a note,take it for what it's worth .I've built and repaired a lot of splitters .Recently those of "dirty hand " design are made in China .I would not be surprised if that County line was . First of all the Chinese don't know how to weld .Secondly the hydraulics are sub standard in my opinion .Many of these spilitters are basically the same just painted a different color .The older County Line brand was fairly well built but those you buy today that I've seen are just not up to par .If the hydraulics are set up correctly you should be able to put it in sideways.If it won't cut it the reliefs should stop it before it blows the pump or the lines apart or breaks off a part .
Along the same subject line it just so happens Surplus Center Hydraulics probabley has the most replacement valves and pumps in the USA as well as being the least expensive unless they've sold them all by now .They bought out a job lot of these things a few years back . About a year ago I repaired a 5 inch model so called 30 ton rated that took both a valve plus a pump plus a bunch of welding .However I have an idea some ham handed idiot had something to do with that failure .--Don't get me started---BTW don't be fooled by the ratings they put on those things it isn't nearly that high .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone ever seen one of these old gals? They were built about 25 miles from me..

1714357137184.png

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
3:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just linking this here for reference:

Philbert

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
did the whole ram twist?
is it possible the piston rod twisted inside the cylinder.

there is alot of those yellow county line splitters in my neck of the woods and people seem to be happy with them.

with a leaking seal I bet there is an issue with the piston binding up causing the motor to stall, maybe it got bent at the factory
An engine should not stall, there are blow off valves in the valve block to ensure such.
A piece of difficult woold should be dumped somewhere instead of risking bending a ram or worse the whole spiitter.
I doubt they will give any refund or replacement, user error, it did not bend for no reason.