9:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good. :cool:

Brad I was looking for ya today too. ;)

Time to mow now.

View attachment 181875

Brad, what's your issue with using epoxy? Some of the best engine builders I know of use epoxy when needed. I have owned several motors with epoxy in the transfers and have had zero issues.
I'm skeered, lol. I just fear that someday it'll turn lose. I've never felt the need to enough to take that risk. My fears may be totally unfounded. I've seen JBWeld do amazing things!

Looking good
Your neighbors must love you
I don't run them that often anymore. I try not to run them too late or early.

Can I send you a 064 to test against the 500i. It’s going to need ported before hand though ;)

Good work as always!
I'd rather borrow one that I Aneesh ported ;)

WOT didn't seem to pick up any RPM. Maybe there's a rev limiter at 13,900?
Yes, they are all rev limited. I don't mind though since they auto tune and don't hit the limiter in the cut.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't believe they have a rev limited coil per se, I believe the computer retards timing at the RPM limit to preclude the saw from imploding.

Since you don't have to tune them by ear, and as Brad pointed out the limit is higher than RPMs in the cut, it is not an issue IMO.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The difference when the saw is in the cut is all that matters anyway.
Yes

Some saws will piss rev high RPM like crazy, then die in the cut … what good are they?

None, but don’t forget that there are also saws that turn much higher rpm and carry it through the cut.

These little 2 strokes are built for rpm just by design. Tuning lean definitely doesn’t make more power, just the same as blubbering fat doesn’t make power either.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was wondering that on these saws? Is it rev limited and to what?

Anyone know what the stock rpm was in the wood and then when ported?

I was glad to see it adjusted to the 32:1 good stock and ported. :cool:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The difference when the saw is in the cut is all that matters anyway.

Some saws will piss rev high RPM like crazy, then die in the cut … what good are they?

They sound kool![emoji16]

^^^^This. Piss revving is where it's at. Nothing better than a good piss revving to get the juices flowing.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to ruffle any feathers, but I'm not a fan of putting epoxy inside my saws. The intake on this saw is at 88°. That's without altering the port at all, although the cylinder has been lowered.

It's losing a lot of case compression with that low of an intake, I'd be epoxying it up just to see the difference, even if you just ground it right back out again. Particularly seeing as it's one of the few cylinder mods that's reversible back to the same as where it started.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's losing a lot of case compression with that low of an intake, I'd be epoxying it up just to see the difference, even if you just ground it right back out again. Particularly seeing as it's one of the few cylinder mods that's reversible back to the same as where it started.

I added some epoxy in the intake of my 500i when I ported it last week. Been running it that way since. The saw seems to like the floor raised a bit.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, my friend has a Sportster that is tricked out … says it can scare you!
A stock Harley is enough to scare anybody accustomed to something with good handling and brakes. First time I took a Harley through a turn was a religious experience.