Inside the MS500i - Snellerized Style

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe. I'm very pleased with it as is, but wonder what it could do with more exhaust and/or transfer.

I had it out Saturday doing tornado cleanup with a 36" bar in some super hard maple. I need to get the video edited. I've been too tired!
I would like to see you leave the exhaust for now and give it a little bit more transfer just a little I think in my own mind it just my pickup a little more but that's all in what makes you comfortable.:beer-toast1:

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe. I'm very pleased with it as is, but wonder what it could do with more exhaust and/or transfer.

I had it out Saturday doing tornado cleanup with a 36" bar in some super hard maple. I need to get the video edited. I've been too tired!
How'd it like the 36"?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Only in the saw world would someone take pride in running epoxy through a motor, then proclaim it wont hurt anything because you got away with it once.. Bravo!
Thank You

I was cheap and did crappy prep when I was a kid but it still was cheaper than wasting motors with liquid steel or harder products. Now, muh muck hangs in there!
Movin' on up, Pro mucker now :)

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe the ported ones have been stronger than ported 460/461/462 saws.

Will leave the reliability question to others, but I don't think there have been many issues.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There isn't a saw currently made or ever made that would match the reliability and simple build quality of a 046/460. Those models have seen years of abuse and alot of them are still hanging in there.
My local rental shop has a 460 that is beat, it's still reliable, that about as much abuse a powerhead could get, always running with a dull chain, plugged filters, and so on.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There isn't a saw currently made or ever made that would match the reliability and simple build quality of a 046/460. Those models have seen years of abuse and alot of them are still hanging in there.
My local rental shop has a 460 that is beat, it's still reliable, that about as much abuse a powerhead could get, always running with a dull chain, plugged filters, and so on.
I'd argue the 066/660 is the same. I've seen absolutely flogged ms660 still running, still cutting wood, still earning money. Not the most gutsy saw in stock trim, but absolutely reliable. I'd buy one just to have one, honestly.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen beat to death 044/440s also, but they stopped making them before the discontinued the 460, and most guys with 461s think they are also 460s!

The badges come off and they are all the same to them!