RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job.
I must admit. Not sure what kind of wood your cutting, but it looks like chain was dull. All I saw was dust flying. Might be better with a different test log. Just mentioning it. But saw sounded great.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job.
I must admit. Not sure what kind of wood your cutting, but it looks like chain was dull. All I saw was dust flying. Might be better with a different test log. Just mentioning it. But saw sounded great.
It feels amazing! I was shocked when I timed the cuts that it wasn't showing what I felt.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was the chain good and sharp???..Or the wood just petrified? Looked like Aussie hardwood.
It was a brand new Stihl RS chain just a few cuts ago, but after closer inspection, I can see that it could use a little attention. This is dry Ash, so it's going to be dusty no matter what.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seriously liked raising the exhaust. It's now at 102°-102.5°. I didn't touch anything else. This thing seriously came alive. It gained a lot of RPMs and didn't loose a hint of torque! I am very pleased with it at this point. Now to get it out and run it with the two 462s I still have here, along with my 440/460 hybrid, and maybe @LowVolt 's ported 461. Might as well throw the 390XP in there.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's some of the final port work.
18-L.jpg

19-L.jpg

19-L.jpg

21-L.jpg

22-L.jpg

23-L.jpg

24-L.jpg

OK, I'm probably going to catch some flack for this ugly grinding, but oh well. It's the inside of the muffler and I'm not sure how you'd make it pretty anyway. I suppose bead blasting would help, but I don't have a sand blaster. Fire away! Lol :)

I pitch my tent in the "Just let it flow" camp. I am not of the opinion that there is any performance tuning to these muffler. I believe it's all for sound and decibel control. I simply want it to exit the saw as fast and easily as possible. I could be wrong, but that's how I do it.
25-L.jpg

26-L.jpg

27-L.jpg

Looks good enough hope it runs stronger.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It seriously liked raising the exhaust. It's now at 102°-102.5°. I didn't touch anything else. This thing seriously came alive. It gained a lot of RPMs and didn't loose a hint of torque! I am very pleased with it at this point. Now to get it out and run it with the two 462s I still have here, along with my 440/460 hybrid, and maybe @LowVolt 's ported 461. Might as well throw the 390XP in there.

It's just spooky how you guys can have a saw torn, very highly modded, and back together 3 times in the same amount of time it would take me to pull off the top cover and maybe, possibly, get the air filter off and the spark plug out...

:banana:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s good to see more guys getting there fingers into these..new 500i's.

Who’s gonna be next ?

Btw Can’t wait for the vid 's
Just found out today that my Stihl dealer is getting some soon so I'll be curious on how much they will want for them I'll post pics of them on there shelf when they get them in. Can't wait.lol