High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is that right eh? You should send that picture to a rep and they may work on a better filter because that is a ton of dust. It is good you guys got that sock on. Good call.

I try minimise bark shaving.I r is time consuming. Sometimes just the corners and the back for wedges.
Ring the bark on the back bar. See how he is doing the undercut in the picture? He either cut the bark and flipped the saw or once you cut most of the bark then tip cut up to your close corner then bore in and cut down. Just like I would do on usually odd shape cedars because these is nothing to dog into on the high side.
Yeah, I try to just do my corners and where my wedges might be. And backbar it when I can. The worst is when the wind is just swirling that crap all around you and it doesn’t blow away.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m thinking about trying one, but I really like Autotune and Mtronic for the most part.
There really nice saws. The first thing I would do is swap the 7910 coil for higher rpm 13.5k 6421 maroon coil. 7900 already has that coil. Also don’t pry on the AV too much and make sure it has the limiter cup on the cylinder spring. MM and go cut some wood :).

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There really nice saws. The first thing I would do is swap the 7910 coil for higher rpm 13.5k 6421 maroon coil. 7900 already has that coil. Also don’t pry on the AV too much and make sure it has the limiter cup on the cylinder spring. MM and go cut some wood :).

One issue with them out here is dealer support I know woods across the river from me has them but they don’t really move. When they first had them we had a test mule out for a few days they run good and can pull a longer bar but the av as well as the dawgs made it a no go. I remember the wrap being odd feeling too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One issue with them out here is dealer support I know woods across the river from me has them but they don’t really move. When they first had them we had a test mule out for a few days they run good and can pull a longer bar but the av as well as the dawgs made it a no go. I remember the wrap being odd feeling too.

The av on the cylinder spring was very weak on the early ones. I popped mine very quickly and I’m not that ruff on a saw. They updated it to a much stronger spring and then on the new ones they have a limiter cup on the spring. Much better.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The av on the cylinder spring was very weak on the early ones. I popped mine very quickly and I’m not that ruff on a saw. They updated it to a much stronger spring and then on the new ones they have a limiter cup on the spring. Much better.

These were the 7910’s I remember popping under cuts and they were toast I bet it was around 11 or 12 but the biggest killer is support that can make or break a guy quick.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That makes sense those are very heavy bars and a 36 is good size. I wouldn’t run anything but oregon rw or tsumura on them for long bar because of the AV.

It’s a good way to test a saw pretty quick if it’ll last very long or if I’ll be doing the springs all the time. The Oregon RW isn’t a good choice for me personally I have a bad habit of popping undercuts out of the face vs popping them with the axe call it lazy or whatever but it speeds up the process.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
6:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Do any of you guys still run older 2100/2101’s out west?
Like what do you mean? Professionally. I would never see anything old like that in BC. I bucked with a brand new 2101 in 1989 in my first year. Fallers liked them then over the 288. I brought out a 394 and a couple 372 about 7 yrs ago and they weren't impressed seeing as old saw.
You don't even see 395 since the390 retired them over 10 yrs ago.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That makes sense those are very heavy bars and a 36 is good size. I wouldn’t run anything but oregon rw or tsumura on them for long bar because of the AV.
I am addicted to the lightweight bars since I started using them. Haven’t tried the tsumura, but I love the Stihl lightweight bars. They’ve been plenty tough in my opinion.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am addicted to the lightweight bars since I started using them. Haven’t tried the tsumura, but I love the Stihl lightweight bars. They’ve been plenty tough in my opinion.

I also only use lightweight bars, love them. For durability of the bar itself and rail wear I love the tsumara but I do find that the stihl has a better tip. Also the stihl is much easier to get here so it’s what I usually run.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stihl es bar I have has cut a lot of wood for me, they might be expensive but they do work good. I even modded it to work on my 7900 which was a pain but worth it.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I also only use lightweight bars, love them. For durability of the bar itself and rail wear I love the tsumara but I do find that the stihl has a better tip. Also the stihl is much easier to get here so it’s what I usually run.
I used to run the Oregon lightweight bars for several years, then I got some Stihl lightweight bars...I didn’t know what I was missing. I like them a lot more, especially the 36. They are cheaper locally than the Oregon bars as well.