huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm. What is making you "so impressed?"
Lots of things, first I’ll get the only 3 things I don’t like out of the way. One small spike and a metal chain catcher... really? And thirdly the primer bulb, it does make it easier to start, especially cold or if you run it out of gas. I just don’t like the added complexity. Just personal preference. The larger set of spikes and roller can be added, so that’s a minor issue. A92F7686-E5D1-42EF-9BAF-99637AF4B6A3.jpeg1120E990-E2A1-49B3-B1F3-898C7FCA0050.jpeg C6CF525E-00D8-42D2-904E-83315A6115A4.png

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok now that we got the minor dislikes out of the way... let’s get onto the good... and there’s a lot. First thing I noticed just looking it over is the new grey paint finish. It’s seems like a big improvement over the older paint that tended to show wear quickly. It appears to be a powder coated type finish and textured like bedliner almost. The cases appear to be beefy, especially in the front of the saw. The muffler has a reinforced plate on the front as well. Appears to be built strong overall. Also noticed the wide discharge of the clutch cover and a nice large dust flap that aims the chips away from you. The filter seemed to work well, stayed clean even after 5 tanks through it. The saw feels solid and you do feel the weight first picking it up, about the same as a 046. However... interestingly when I ran it limbing and bucking I never felt that it was porky, it felt like an extension of my arms. They really nailed the ergonomics on this saw. Comfortable and smooth for hours. The fuel economy... this thing is like a prius, seems like it has great mileage. Now the power and how this saw makes it impressed me for a stock 71cc saw. It has a wide flat powerband and is forgiving. I had a hungry round filed chain on it with oh maybe .040-045 off the rakers. No chatter even bore cutting hickory. A 20” bar is a joke on this saw. It’s powerhead bias balanced with that. Needs at least a 24 or 28. I wouldn’t be surprised if it handled a 32” as its oiler is great. I’m sure I’m forgetting some stuff, but I’ll comment more when I get more time on it.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know...
#1 like... It's a Hooskie.
#2 like... See number 1
I’ll just get this out of the way before someone asks... I like it better so far than a 462 personally for what I do. More torque and I like the way it feels. Whether the stihl guys like that or not I could care less.... the 462 is bad ass too and I don’t think a guy can buy a bad 70cc saw nowadays honestly. Buy what you want it’s your $. Lol

Last edited: