High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huskyboy meets the 572xp

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With these newer saws wonder if the oil will effect the tune in anyway or if there’s an air sensor there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It hasn’t seemed to for us. The 661 is definitely proven on the Maxflo, and @HYPERSAWS 462 runs great with the oiled foam.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes it was
Crazy!
That's about as bad as silica (concrete dust in the engine. Abrasive on the rings and the cylinder. I have seen the bottom of cylinders eaten out on the intake side
at a buddies saw shop from fir. I had good luck with my 372 high top and clean it a lot. Me it drops me to my knees coughing out a lung for 10 min then think you are good to go again and It comes back when you are doged in on the next tree. I have used the dust mask a lot. A lot of guys bark shave on the back bar.

It was a brand new flocked filter. I tried another one, and it was the same result unfortunately,
You got to be kidding me..WOW.
That is really unfortunate.
How did that get by testing? How is it coming in? Underneath.? I can't see it going through the flock. Especially that amount.? Strange.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Crazy!
That's about as bad as silica (concrete dust in the engine. Abrasive on the rings and the cylinder. I have seen the bottom of cylinders eaten out on the intake side.
at a buddies saw shop. I had good luck with my 372 high top and clean it a lot. Me it drops me to my knees coughing out a lung for 10 min Then think you are good to go again and It comes back when you are doged in on the next tree. I have used the dust mask a lot. A lot of guys bark shave on the back bar.

How did that get by testing? How is it coming in? Underneath.? I can't see it going through the flock. Especially that amount.? Strange.
Yeah, I have a tendency to shave old-growth bark when I don’t need to. Probably should resist.
It was sealing perfectly at the base...only explanation we could find was through the filter.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
God those things are horrible for filtering and the dawgs are only good for tree ornaments.

You obviously haven't used the HD filter setup. IMHO it's the best filter setup on any saw made today, zero dust will get in, and it doesn't matter what type of dust. Yeah the oreginal dawgs were usless doing anything other than bucking, the new ones are actually usable.

Have you guys tried oiling the stock filter? I fine K&N spray filter oil does the trick.[emoji111]

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crazy!
That's about as bad as silica (concrete dust in the engine. Abrasive on the rings and the cylinder. I have seen the bottom of cylinders eaten out on the intake side
at a buddies saw shop from fir. I had good luck with my 372 high top and clean it a lot. Me it drops me to my knees coughing out a lung for 10 min then think you are good to go again and It comes back when you are doged in on the next tree. I have used the dust mask a lot. A lot of guys bark shave on the back bar.

Fines that small will get past the filter material itself. I have seen when cutting really dry, hard as stone locust.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You obviously haven't used the HD filter setup. IMHO it's the best filter setup on any saw made today, zero dust will get in, and it doesn't matter what type of dust. Yeah the oreginal dawgs were usless doing anything other than bucking, the new ones are actually usable.

Have you guys tried oiling the stock filter? I fine K&N spray filter oil does the trick.[emoji111]
I was going to try that when we are back in those conditions. We are in spruce right now however.
I have heard great things about the Makita HD air filters. Bad things about the oilers though. My brother-in-law is trying to get me to buy a 7900.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, I have a tendency to shave old-growth bark when I don’t need to. Probably should resist.
It was sealing perfectly at the base...only explanation we could find was through the filter.
Is that right eh? You should send that picture to a rep and they may work on a better filter because that is a ton of dust. It is good you guys got that sock on. Good call.

I try minimise bark shaving.I r is time consuming. Sometimes just the corners and the back for wedges.
Ring the bark on the back bar. See how he is doing the undercut in the picture? He either cut the bark and flipped the saw or once you cut most of the bark then tip cut up to your close corner then bore in and cut down. Just like I would do on usually odd shape cedars because these is nothing to dog into on the high side.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These were all running different chains. I will say my modded 7900 had stock off the role chain.
12.2 seconds
10.3 seconds
10.5 seconds
14.25 seconds.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
500i/572 in another log... not sure why they were close in this one but not in the other.
17.9 seconds
17.75 seconds. It was fun running them all. If I was serious I would have ran the same b/c setup on all but I was just messing around.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

A few buddies had them on the 7910’s they still had to grease them to make sure fines wouldn’t get past. This is more of a dust then a small chip it stains everything and will get into every little spot it can.