High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah I see above post, it obviously has down pressure lol. Now where can I find one for a couple grand 🤣
They are much pricier now. Originally they were about 8k plus attachments. Now they are around 15k. I didn't buy mine new.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to this company hydraulic oil starts to break down at 140F:

Putting an oil cooler inline might be a good idea?

I suppose it also depends on what type and grade of oil you are using. Some good info here, specific to splitters:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to this company hydraulic oil starts to break down at 140F:

Putting an oil cooler inline might be a good idea?

I suppose it also depends on what type and grade of oil you are using. Some good info here, specific to splitters:

The fluid I put in it says it’s ok to 439f.
1710591228084.png
I’ll check into both links, thanks.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are much pricier now. Originally they were about 8k plus attachments. Now they are around 15k. I didn't buy mine new.
Man if I could find a good enough deal on one I’d buy it just to do all the work I need to do then sell it. I considered it with a skid steer but they’re so darn expensive.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man if I could find a good enough deal on one I’d buy it just to do all the work I need to do then sell it. I considered it with a skid steer but they’re so darn expensive.
They are out there, found mine an hour and a half from me. Then I found one for my neighbor an hour from me. The company is in south western Virginia, and has no dealer network. So the closer you look to there, the better. They have used ones on the site too. I will never part with mine, too darn handy. Good luck.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Passed an illegal trash dumping site on my walk with the pup, brought home these walnut branches in one hand and two 5 liter plastic buckets with lids in the other.
The plastic buckets were thrown away in the forest, they weren't there last sunday.

IMG_20240317_143514.jpg

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Passed an illegal trash dumping site on my walk with the pup, brought home these walnut branches in one hand and two 5 liter plastic buckets with lids in the other.
The plastic buckets were thrown away in the forest, they weren't there last sunday.

View attachment 412270
I wish I could give you some of the excessive smalls that fall here Wilhelm. I have more wood available than I could ever use. Crazy how different areas have different resources. That is the size I leave behind, I make brush piles with bigger stuff than that.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish I could give you some of the excessive smalls that fall here Wilhelm. I have more wood available than I could ever use. Crazy how different areas have different resources. That is the size I leave behind, I make brush piles with bigger stuff than that.
I have a "wood rack" that I call "the box", it is designed/made exclusively for unstackable ugly shaped and thin branchy stuff.
I raised its posts last year to be able to get more into it.

I collect thumb thin stuff.
Firewood is expensive in my area/Croatia and I have to buy all of it unless I scavenge it like pictured above!

I have shed a tear or two seeing what You guys push into burn piles . . . 😢

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a "wood rack" that I call "the box", it is designed/made exclusively for unstackable ugly shaped and thin branchy stuff.
I raised its posts last year to be able to get more into it.

I collect thumb thin stuff.
Firewood is expensive in my area/Croatia and I have to buy all of it unless I scavenge it like pictured above!

I have shed a tear or two seeing what You guys push into burn piles . . . 😢
Sorry Wilhelm, would definitely share with you.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut limbwood 3” dia and up, usually give it away to some people who could use some free heat.
It’s a pain to cut but I hate seeing it go up in the brush piles
My brush piles become rabbitat, and critter shelters. They can decompose over time.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s what I do with smaller and rotten stuff, or if I’m sick of cutting limbwood.
There’s alot of coyotes around here so the brush piles atleast help to keep the rabbits around

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn so did someone put all that in the dumpster or what??
I'm "lucky" enough to have a neighbor with a roll off business. He drops the bin and hauls it to my place to dump when full. 1000001323.jpg
This load was last spring from a different job. We trade favors for roll off use.1000000808.jpg
2022 load