High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Alderman

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some today.
add653f9049b9a756b427f6f4d10e482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, I live in eastern CO. Not many trees around here, but in tree rows planted by farmers, mostly all elm, some cedars in tree rows also. Big cottonwoods up by the river. Some good sized silver maples in town.

If I have cause to go to Colorado in a truck/trailer again anytime soon, I may see if you want a good deal on 1/2 - 1 cord of Hedge. It would last indefinitely being stacked and you'd get pretty good mileage out of it, especially mixing it with the Cottonwood and such. Worth a thought anyway.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Climbed the roof yesterday to clean the chimney , not every day that one looks at his firewood pile from the top. :)
DSC01174.JPG

Another 7 cubic meter of oak logs are ordered and paid for, waiting for delivery. :aaaaa:
Those will be for winter 2018/2019. ;)

The pile pictured above is for the upcoming winter 2017/2018 (edited, wasn't supposed to say 2108, lol).

Last edited:

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Climbed the roof yesterday to clean the chimney , not every day that one looks at his firewood pile from the top. :)
View attachment 64693

Another 7 cubic meter of oak logs are ordered and paid for, waiting for delivery. :aaaaa:

The pile pictured above is for the upcoming winter 2017/2108.
If you don't mind me asking how much is a cord if wood were you are??

jeepsnchainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 64693

The pile pictured above is for the upcoming winter 2017/2108.
2108 is a long way away! You think you will still be around?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2108 is a long way away! You think you will still be around?
Haha, doubtful I'll live halfway that time! :p

Example of a typing error where autocorrect doesn't help. :rolleyes:

I meant winter 2017/2018! ;)

Winter from 2017 to 2108 would be a harsh time, there'd be no trees left after a while. :(

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don't mind me asking how much is a cord if wood were you are??
I tried figuring out how much a cord is in cubic meters and vice versa - I got contradicting numbers and just stopped trying.
As far as I can tell 7 cubic meters are about 1.93 cord (CD).

A cubic meter of oak firewood logs costs about 46USD in my area, that would put a cord to about 167USD.

Mind You, I am in Europe!

A cubic meter is 1x1x1 meter of volume.
The firewood logs true volume is being measured, avarage diameter by length.

Unauthorized logging is illegal.
Legal logging permits are limited and only handed out for unfavorable terrain and low affordability areas.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried figuring out how much a cord is in cubic meters and vice versa - I got contradicting numbers and just stopped trying.
As far as I can tell 7 cubic meters are about 1.93 cord (CD).

A cubic meter of oak firewood logs costs about 46USD in my area, that would put a cord to about 167USD.

Mind You, I am in Europe!

A cubic meter is 1x1x1 meter of volume.
The firewood logs true volume is being measured, avarage diameter by length.

Unauthorized logging is illegal.
Legal logging permits are limited and only handed out for unfavorable terrain and low affordability areas.
I think you're about right on the measurements. It's confusing.
I grew up in Norway burning wood for heat, and I've done the conversion a few times while talking to my dad.
One American cord is 128 cubic feet, which is 3.6 cubic meters.
A traditional Norwegian "cord", called "favn", is 2.4 cubic meters. One "favn" is 85 cubic feet.
I really sucked at math in school, so if I have made a mistake please correct me. Lol

Do you have a measure for how firewood is measured in Croatia, other than cubic meters?
In Norway the "favn" is the most common, along with cubic meters.

Edit: my numbers were wrong. Told you I sucked at math.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you're about right on the measurements. It's confusing.
I grew up in Norway burning wood for heat, and I've done the conversion a few times while talking to my dad.
One American cord is 128 cubic feet, which is 3.6 cubic meters.
A traditional Norwegian "cord", called "favn", is 3 cubic meters. One "favn" is 106 cubic feet.
I really sucked at math in school, so if I have made a mistake please correct me. Lol

Do you have a measure for how firewood is measured in Croatia, other than cubic meters?
In Norway the "favn" is the most common, along with cubic meters.
Firewood logs from the Croatian Forestry are sold by cubic meter, true log volume, not the size of the log pile!

Private sellers of pre processed and fully processed firewood sell by "meter" which is stacked firewood 1 meter wide and 1 meter tall for 1 meter long pre processed firewood.
Fully processed firewood doesn't get stacked while being sold, it gets delivered thrown into tractor trailers which are usually 1 meter wide, 3 meters long, with 1 meter high sides thus making them hold 3 "meters".

It is basically cubic meter too, but this time it presents the volume of the wood pile instead of the volume of the wood itself!

As You can imagine, the smaller the wood is processed the more air is occupying the in between space, thus the more One pays for nothing while purchasing processed firewood.

Generally I am not aware of any other measure other than cubic meter being used for firewood in Croatia.

FYI:
General rule of thumb is that one cubic meter of firewood logs turn into 1.4 "meters" of 1 meter long pre processed and partially split firewood.

I don't know any estimate for turning logs into fully processed firewood.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Firewood logs from the Croatian Forestry are sold by cubic meter, true log volume, not the size of the log pile!

Private sellers of pre processed and fully processed firewood sell by "meter" which is stacked firewood 1 meter wide and 1 meter tall for 1 meter long pre processed firewood.
Fully processed firewood doesn't get stacked while being sold, it gets delivered thrown into tractor trailers which are usually 1 meter wide, 3 meters long, with 1 meter high sides thus making them hold 3 "meters".

It is basically cubic meter too, but this time it presents the volume of the wood pile instead of the volume of the wood itself!

As You can imagine, the smaller the wood is processed the more air is occupying the in between space, thus the more One pays for nothing while purchasing processed firewood.

Generally I am not aware of any other measure other than cubic meter being used for firewood in Croatia.

FYI:
General rule of thumb is that one cubic meter of firewood logs turn into 1.4 "meters" of 1 meter long pre processed and partially split firewood.

I don't know any estimate for turning logs into fully processed firewood.
I edited my previous post. The numbers are now correct.

The logs are sold by cubic meter, just like you guys do. The processed firewood is what is often sold in a "favn". Here's the kinda funny part:
The general rule of thumb is that it takes 1.6 cubic meters of actual wood (logs) to make one split and stacked 2.4 cubic meter "favn".
Another rule of thumb is that it takes 3 cubic meters of unstacked split wood to make the stacked 2.4 cubic meter "favn".
Most unstacked wood is now delivered in three 1000 liter bags. Just like your 1x3x1 meter tractor load.
Essentially we are measuring firewood in exactly the same way. Pretty funny. It's a small world.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok started this side job I after my "regular" job ended yesterday.....I will get a close up leaf pic and bark, because I have no clue what this wood is, it's extremely soft....it's hard to tell but I had the 25" bar baried up by the base....

Also the owner asked me what I would charge to drop the other tree in the pic too....it's got 1-small taller branch that will have to be roped so it doesn't hit the building or awning....how much would you guys charge to take it down....I would say the base would almost bury my 25" bar....

IMG_2341.JPGIMG_2342.JPG IMG_2345.JPG IMG_2344.JPG

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll cut about anything if I have to, but I have an embarrassment of riches between ranchers and farmers local to me who only have hard wood on their properties with a backlog of trees they want gone. I don't mean to sound like a snob or a dick and didn't mean to pinch your panties, but why waste my time with crap (unless I'm helping a friend or family member) when there's gold in the form of Hedge, various Oaks, Hackberry, clean Ash, Locust and Walnut that I'm late getting already? The folks I sell to gladly pay more for stacked, clean hardwood and it's no extra trouble for me. Splits easier too. If I was truly scrounging, then I'd be (and still am) grateful for anything that I found. I simply have the luxury of choice. Plus I rather burn wood that holds heat and coals longer and makes less ash to deal with.
Im a wood snob, so much around here I can afford 2 B.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I ended up taking the other tree down for $150.....didn't take any pics....

Do you guys have any idea what the tree is....they seem to rot easily and the wood is very soft...

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After a couple month hiatus with a sprained back I finally got back out in the urban woods to vanquish some more of the dead ash trees threatening my friends driveway and start replenishing his stockpile for the wood burner next winter. He hasn't quite made it past the seasonal scramble to the stockpiled security yet. Please ignore the person who has no clue how to properly operate a chainsaw who was 'helping'IMG_4640.JPG IMG_4641.JPG IMG_4642.JPG IMG_4643.JPG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After a couple month hiatus with a sprained back I finally got back out in the urban woods to vanquish some more of the dead ash trees threatening my friends driveway and start replenishing his stockpile for the wood burner next winter. He hasn't quite made it past the seasonal scramble to the stockpiled security yet. Please ignore the person who has no clue how to properly operate a chainsaw who was 'helping'View attachment 66346 View attachment 66347 View attachment 66348 View attachment 66349
Glad to see you back at it man!!!

Gotta love the helpers, the great guys who bounce the bar tip on the pavement and burn threw the wood LMAO....

Hey. You finding any mushrooms your way...checked a spot agian last night no luck, seen alotnof pheasant back though...

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see you back at it man!!!

Gotta love the helpers, the great guys who bounce the bar tip on the pavement and burn threw the wood LMAO....

Hey. You finding any mushrooms your way...checked a spot agian last night no luck, seen alotnof pheasant back though...

Oh I can't even look at his chains. First time I ever showed up to give him a hand I took his chain off, threw it in the trash and gave him a loop of RS. I don't think I'd of even tried to save it if I had a grinder, hand filing... no way.

The morels are definitely popping in Cinci, Dayton, and Athens. My friends have been out finding them, so I've seen the pictures. Of course they haven't found enough to give me any yet. I myself am trying to catch up from being broken and haven't had the time to get out and hunt myself. Going to have to make some time soon though or the time will past and I'll be waiting till later in the season when the Chicken of the Woods are hatching.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh I can't even look at his chains. First time I ever showed up to give him a hand I took his chain off, threw it in the trash and gave him a loop of RS. I don't think I'd of even tried to save it if I had a grinder, hand filing... no way.

The morels are definitely popping in Cinci, Dayton, and Athens. My friends have been out finding them, so I've seen the pictures. Of course they haven't found enough to give me any yet. I myself am trying to catch up from being broken and haven't had the time to get out and hunt myself. Going to have to make some time soon though or the time will past and I'll be waiting till later in the season when the Chicken of the Woods are hatching.
Good deal man, they slowly starting here, a week or 2 here and it will be game on!!!

I have never ate a chicken, do you like them better than the ol sponge....how do you cook them????