Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like TSC but, they have really slipped since they came here in the 90's. Every time I go in there, everything is a mess and they are out of stock on alot of stuff. Their motor oil and tranny fluid used to be a good deal but now it's almost as high as the parts stores. Rural King really has it together, hope it stays that way.

We see the same thing here. TSC only cares about their stock price and investors now, which is why everyone around here drives past two TSC's to get to a Rural King.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still stocked up from the last time TSC had it on sale for $5.00 a gallon. May have to take a look Saturday when I go buy to kill some time.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just saw this oil last time I was at TSC. I've been running the store brand Countyline bar oil and been happy with it but it appears they've replaced it with this one in the orange bottle.

Still the cheapest stuff around so glad to know it's gooder enough to use.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's getting into the fall so I'd imagine the bar oil would be coming in .If typical places like Lowes ,Menards, TSC and Stock and Field will have a sale it .It makes sense the average chainsaw user would not be real active in the heat of summer .The trimmers would be but they just trot on down to the Stihl shop and buy it which in a pinch so would I .I have this little problem,I'm stingy .
Motor oil in the vehicles I try to use the best,bar oil not so much .I'm damned certain not going to use salad /cooking oil like some .Imagine that peanut oil in a chainsaw ,good grief .--mumble grumble ---

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
TSC kind of tickles me .They have all that chainsaw stuff in one area with the high priced stuff like oil in quart bottles .Who in the world would buy bar oil by the quart? About like ready mix gasoline by the quart . They used to have the less expensive stuff at another place .Actually about all I buy there any more is bolts and nuts by the pound .Sad thing is I must have hundreds of pounds at my shop but it's 22 miles away,TSC is about 2.5 miles away .
Quart bar oil for those with electric saws and electric pole pruners. Quart would last a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to laugh again about those electric saws .I worked for a small electrical contractor that did a variety of things including line work .We had an electric saw with a 14" bar and used it to trim the ends of power poles because some of them were cut so low the root flare would not fit in the hole .They sent the bar oil out in a beer bottle with a cork stopper .It was enough .Actually for what it was that little saw did pretty good .I think it was a Skil brand .

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked up a couple of these this morning.

View attachment 259491
Here's the sign of anyone wants to use it to get that price!
a8bb0dba08c3f3a76d08ab8ce9b36a73.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last few times I have used RK store brand with good results. Seems to flow more easily than others.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For 5 bucks I’d buy it. I usually get new random oil to use. I have lots of fluid around

I still don’t believe tack does much of any good.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
36D2E506-F08D-4B22-B6A3-36387BE78338.png I’ve used a lot of this. My bars are all in good shape. I haven’t cut much in a year or so. When I do it’s usually lots of cutting. Clearing hedgerows.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Comes out to 6 a gallon. No way I’d pay any more for a jug that says bar oil.

David _4

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I believe in tacky bar oil, especially when running longer bars in hardwood that is bigger in diameter than the length of the bar. I want as much oil as I can get to the bar tip. I've run "tractor hyd fluid" before, but wasn't impressed as it seemed to fling off the bar more.