Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure anyone has ever thought that before 😂

My wife was mad "once" and told me to take my glasses off.
I said why?
She said because they cost $750
I said yeah and your point?
I took my glasses off.
She proceeded to try to beat the chit out of my head.
When she was done I was laughing and said that did not hurt and honey I love you.

DO NOT sort calves with your wife

All three sons were rolling in laughter.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife was mad "once" and told me to take my glasses off.
I said why?
She said because they cost $750
I said yeah and your point?
I took my glasses off.
She proceeded to try to beat the chit out of my head.
When she was done I was laughing and said that did not hurt and honey I love you.

DO NOT sort calves with your wife

All three sons were rolling in laughter.
I made the mistake of asking Mama Bear for help running some cattle through the chute a few weeks back. I don’t mind working with her but sorting and working cattle was one of the most stressful things I’ve ever done with her !!

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made the mistake of asking Mama Bear for help running some cattle through the chute a few weeks back. I don’t mind working with her but sorting and working cattle was one of the most stressful things I’ve ever done with her !!

My wife grew up in a farm family where for the most part no one swore........UNLESS it was while sorting/moving livestock. Then all bets were off. It got very heated.

My mother got fed up with farm life when I was 8 and decided to take off. The first year or so she would still stop by a few times to visit. We were sorting sows one day when she stopped by. She decided to help. Of course sorting hogs never goes well.

Dad barked at her.
She stopped and said look you fk as hole I am trying to help you.
Dad said yes dear
We went back to sorting

Good memories.

SCHallenger

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Placed an order with Bruce for a 562 XP Mark 2 with 24” Light Bar and two semi-chisel chains. My buddy is going to soil himself when I give it to him. To say I’m excited is an understatement.

The first new saw and the first Hooski I ever buy and I’m giving it away 😂
You're gonna like it! This is exactly what I said to the fellow who bought my 562. He E-mailed me back, "Chainsaw rips. I thought the 24in bar would drag it down in the hard maple, but it hauled the mail!" The only reason I sold it was because I had a massive white oak to cut up which was 53in dia. & I bought a 462 so I could use a 32in B&C.

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're gonna like it! This is exactly what I said to the fellow who bought my 562. He E-mailed me back, "Chainsaw rips. I thought the 24in bar would drag it down in the hard maple, but it hauled the mail!" The only reason I sold it was because I had a massive white oak to cut up which was 53in dia. & I bought a 462 so I could use a 32in B&C.
A razor sharp chain adds 10cc’s 👍

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw and stuff came today in great shape. Me not ever handling a Hooski before of course has to tear it apart to see what makes it tick. I took the clutch cover off to put the bar and chain on and had a bear of a time getting it back on. The brake band is in the cover !?!? Well that took some fiddling to get released once the cover was off to get it to go back on lol. Once it was on the chain refused to move. Welp I had the chain wedged between the sprocket and clutch and once I figured that out it fired up on the first pull after being primed. I gotta say the anti-vibe on this saw is amazing. It sounds great and ran out nicely.
IMG_2208.jpeg

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave it away this morning. Sam was all smiles !! He gave me a big man hug and shook my hand with a tear in his eye. He’s one of the “manliest” dudes I know so it must have hit home for him to do that. I told him I bet he didn’t think I was serious and he said oh I knew you were, you’ve never misled me before so why start now. It’s always nice to get a compliment you weren’t expecting from someone you respect.

Plus he dropped my trailer off full of wood again. What a great guy !! I’ll empty it and fill it with hay for him to grab on his way home from work.
IMG_2214.jpeg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw and stuff came today in great shape. Me not ever handling a Hooski before of course has to tear it apart to see what makes it tick. I took the clutch cover off to put the bar and chain on and had a bear of a time getting it back on. The brake band is in the cover !?!? Well that took some fiddling to get released once the cover was off to get it to go back on lol. Once it was on the chain refused to move. Welp I had the chain wedged between the sprocket and clutch and once I figured that out it fired up on the first pull after being primed. I gotta say the anti-vibe on this saw is amazing. It sounds great and ran out nicely.
View attachment 434871
Awesome!

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not, but this subject has been smacked a few times with Negans bat. The porters lean 3 series….

Recently asked one whether he felt the 592 are time-tested yet, as i was torn between sticking with what I know (390) or going new (592/585), and I was told to stick with the 390.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Recently asked one whether he felt the 592 are time-tested yet, as i was torn between sticking with what I know (390) or going new (592/585), and I was told to stick with the 390.
I have never understood why Husky built the 390.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just believe it sticking with what works. Is there really a gap between a 385 and 395?

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd rather have the outboard of the 288, but the rest of the 390.
I may be in the minority here but the outboard clutches annoy the crap out of me. My 041 and 041S have outboard clutches and I hate them. The newer Stihl stuff is so much easier to mount chains and replace sprockets and such.

What is the draw of an outboard clutch?

Squareground3691

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may be in the minority here but the outboard clutches annoy the crap out of me. My 041 and 041S have outboard clutches and I hate them. The newer Stihl stuff is so much easier to mount chains and replace sprockets and such.

What is the draw of an outboard clutch?
Displaces heat outside the case , rather than inside the case and motor, In tough conditions or milling ,

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Displaces heat outside the case , rather than inside the case and motor, In tough conditions or milling ,
Makes sense but they’re super annoying to mount chains and bars onto.

If working properly there should be minimal heat created as the clutch shouldn’t be slipping and creating heat or am I thinking about this incorrectly?