High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's the current state of the Husky 562XP?

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mines ported but not really much was done to it to get it to run the way I wanted.

Timing advance, base cut, pop up, exhaust widened/lowered, muffler mod and it was a like a new saw.

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. In the case of my buddy it will be staying stock with a 20” for mostly hardwood. Just a homeowner like myself but I’ve talked him into the buy once cry once idea with chainsaws. He’s been using borrowed homeowner quality saws up to now. He loved my 550 but I figure for his needs a 60cc or little bigger would be a good one saw setup.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. In the case of my buddy it will be staying stock with a 20” for mostly hardwood. Just a homeowner like myself but I’ve talked him into the buy once cry once idea with chainsaws. He’s been using borrowed homeowner quality saws up to now. He loved my 550 but I figure for his needs a 60cc or little bigger would be a good one saw setup.
If he’s just gonna run a 20”, that 550 mkII would do an awesome job for him. If he wants to run 3/8” 72DL, then I would probably go with the 562.

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figure 3/8 would be easier for him to learn to sharpen (or for me to sharpen for him, lol) and he will likely want ability to run longer bar than 20” in future.

If he had the funds available I’d tell him to get the same setup as me: 550 mk2 with 16 (or 18”) and 572 with 24” but he’s not a chainsaw guy, just needs a good saw to handle stuff on his 16 acres. He can’t really go wrong with any of the options he’s looking at.

Thanks for the added info. I’ll talk to him again about the two saw plan starting with the cheaper 550 for now.

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'm using mine in mostly Doug fir, so it handles the 24" well enough for me. I'm not a pro, just a weekend firewood hack, so I don't have the crushing need to be as productive as possible...

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does he have to have new? There are some top notch builder/repairer people on the forum here.

He sure doesn’t need to have new, but I’m not sure I could convince him to spend decent money on a used saw. I’ll ask him about that. I do think he’d be best served with something auto tune/mtronic due to current level of tuning ability (less than mine which ain’t much)

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I'm using mine in mostly Doug fir, so it handles the 24" well enough for me. I'm not a pro, just a weekend firewood hack, so I don't have the crushing need to be as productive as possible...

Sounds like it would be a good saw for my friend’s use. Usually smaller hardwood but if he needed to throw a 24” on there he could if needed, that’s kinda what drove him to thinking about the 562 size vs 550.

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, in case anyone is wondering what happened; the friend of mine got a 550 mkii with a 20” of .325 around a Tsumara light bar. I imagine it will work well for him. Thanks for the advice.

How’ve the 60cc saws been running for you guys? @BK13 have you been working in the cold lately?

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't take any pics with the saw, but I've been working on my new sap tubing in my woods. After I marked my route I ran my 562xpg clearing out some trees that were dead or otherwise threatening the 1" mainline. Easier to cut them now instead of after I have high tensile wire and sap tubing everywhere. 20220208_172153.jpg

Larrythelogger

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here and came across this thread while searching for known problems with the 562. Regarding the 562 it’s a saw that I would stay away from. I have a newer 562 with 88 hours that blew its crank bearings, a $425 repair at the Husky dealer. The only good thing is it’s still under warranty from Husky, despite being used professionally. Great warranty program. I see many people here have had good luck with the saw, but a quick search on the internet and talks with two Husky dealers confirm that the crank bearings are a known issue. I’m normally a Stihl guy, but with 30+ years on the ground I decided it was time for a lighter saw. The 562 is definitely appealing and why I bought it: it’s small, light, ergonomic and fast. I love running it, but for pro use the slightest of problems can spell out to expensive problems, meaning lost time, like if you’re a mile back in the woods and far from a saw shop. I have the benefit of working for a large logging company with 7 crews, so feedback on saws is readily available. The Stihl 400 is popular as an all around saw and proving to be reliable. My plan is to sell the Husky when it’s fixed for a Stihl. Previously I’ve always run Stihl 460’s and 660’s. Once I purchased them I would never see the saw shop again unless I did something stupid on my end.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never had issues with bearings, but the hot start problems pissed me off enough in the summer that I sold them and use 572’s instead. Great saw 3 seasons out of the year though. I would be interested in a 562 again if they bored it out to ms400 displacement and implemented the 572 heat dissipation/reflection tech (the carb wall ect.).