High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's the current state of the Husky 562XP?

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So other brands are complete trouble free? They don’t employ mechanics since they dont brake then either?
Never said that.

But it does seem that the 562 has been fraught with issues more than others from Husqvarna. And that is taking into account the fact that it’s a very popular model. Seems that they worked the kinks out of them with time and that the 572 doesn’t have the same growing pains.

Stihl went form a 10mm to 12mm on the 044. Can’t think of another popular model that required a case revision in the model run (besides the 562).

The 562 is a big saw for a 60cc saw IMHO, even with the laid back jug design. A 462 is much pricier, but around the same weight with a more simplistic design. It seems like a design that is working well, as the 261/362/462 all seem like brothers. I haven’t seen the inside of a 400 yet, but I’m told it’s also a similar design.

I do not believe that Husky has the same fit and finish as Stihl does. Of course, others may have a different opinion on that. Chevy vs Ford I guess.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never said that.

But it does seem that the 562 has been fraught with issues more than others from Husqvarna. And that is taking into account the fact that it’s a very popular model. Seems that they worked the kinks out of them with time and that the 572 doesn’t have the same growing pains.

Stihl went form a 10mm to 12mm on the 044. Can’t think of another popular model that required a case revision in the model run (besides the 562).

The 562 is a big saw for a 60cc saw IMHO, even with the laid back jug design. A 462 is much pricier, but around the same weight with a more simplistic design. It seems like a design that is working well, as the 261/362/462 all seem like brothers. I haven’t seen the inside of a 400 yet, but I’m told it’s also a similar design.

I do not believe that Husky has the same fit and finish as Stihl does. Of course, others may have a different opinion on that. Chevy vs Ford I guess.

I have more than a couple friends in the tree business that were huge husqvarna fans during the 2 and 3 series run.

The 562 ruined that for them when it came out.

Watch everyone cry now...

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve not seen one tree service here use any husky’s. A good friend of mine owns a tree business, He mostly uses stihl but has a few echos. Too many loose bolts and bad bearing stories on here, I won’t own one.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve not seen one tree service here use any husky’s. A good friend of mine owns a tree business, He mostly uses stihl but has a few echos. Too many loose bolts and bad bearing stories on here, I won’t own one.

There's not really any decent husqvarna dealers around me anymore, too bad really. I've had stihl saws that drove me nuts too. I had a 201 that made me crazy..new solenoid fixed that.

I just crack up when guys get soft because they don't like what they read :lol:

It's sad some guys have the experience with 562s that they do, it's top dawg performance wise in it's class.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great Lakes tree removal only runs Husqvarna. Ran 4 562's with el48 carbs without issues for over 3 years, now runs T540's, 572's and 395's. Loose bolts and defective parts happen in all saws, period. Stihl deals (I mean Ace hardware, or JD dealers) are service challenged, sending repairs to local Husqvarna dealer here. If people do not like a brand of truck, tractor, car, saw, anything, then don't buy it. Husqvarna has been building saws for decades, so someone must use and like them. I have only owned and cut with el46, el48 and 55a carbed 562's without problems. Seems know one expects to do maintenance on their saws, clean, check filters, check for broken parts, loose spikes, etc. I have seen and repaired many of those caked with dirt and oil saws, broken av springs from twisting out of a pinch, will not run because of plugged air or fuel filter, rim gears cut in half and they say that saw is a piece of junk. I am done, carry on!

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m hoping a 400c is a inboard clutch 562 with a bit more torque from the added cc’s. But I guess I’ll find out shortly when my order comes in? Only cost me about 100$ more than a 562.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have more than a couple friends in the tree business that were huge husqvarna fans during the 2 and 3 series run.

The 562 ruined that for them when it came out.

Watch everyone cry now...
I have never ran a 362 but I have had 4 or 5 562's and have never kept 1. Weather it be for logging or the 40 cord of firewood I cut annually I'd rather own and run a 262 or a 357 if it was to be a 60cc saw.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never ran a 362 but I have had 4 or 5 562's and have never kept 1. Weather it be for logging or the 40 cord of firewood I cut annually I'd rather own and run a 262 or a 357 if it was to be a 60cc saw.

As guys have said...

It seemed like a good or bad experience.

I had one in 2012 or 13 that didn't start warm well at all..but when it did it ran like a raped ape..no complaints.

A 2260 is one of my favorite saws.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 562 when they first came out. Ran great for two years then started having hot start issues. After the first tank of fuel, it's done. I don't even mess with trying to start it hot, I grab a different saw. The 562 is the only Husqvarna saw I own, the rest are Stihl.
I don't think there's a better firewood saw than the 562 but the hot start issues really limit its usefulness.
I won't buy another Husqvarna, even though I love my 562, when it runs.

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, fellas. My truck just took a crap, so I'm in kind of a holding pattern until I get that sorted out.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a used 2016 562 a few years back. It was pretty beat up. But I ran the snot out of it. Liked it so much I bought a brand new one this year. Im a stihl guy but the 562 is one of my favorite saws in the arsenal. Great power, great weight, great saw. I've had no mechhanical errors (minus human error) with either of the ones I have owned. Few guys I cut with bought them when they first came out and were having alot of issues with a wire meting or the carb getting flugged up or something along those lines. No issuse with anything like bolts coming loose or cylinders grenading. And IMO the carb issues have all been fixed. So overall, I have complete faith in the new model 562's