High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What's the current state of the Husky 562XP?

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does new models of 5 series still use rev boost?

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I bought one. 24” .050 3/8” bar. I like it a bunch. Very smooth, cuts pretty dang fast (at least from my experience), very comfortable to use. One thing that surprised me (and, honestly, I should have expected it) was how much heat the exhaust puts out. I’m used to running smaller homeowner saws that don’t have nearly the power this thing does. Ain’t no big thang, just an observation.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I bought one. 24” .050 3/8” bar. I like it a bunch. Very smooth, cuts pretty dang fast (at least from my experience), very comfortable to use. One thing that surprised me (and, honestly, I should have expected it) was how much heat the exhaust puts out. I’m used to running smaller homeowner saws that don’t have nearly the power this thing does. Ain’t no big thang, just an observation.
I noticed this as well, I get the feeling that the EGT’s on these saws are hotter as well. They feel like they are running just a little leaner to get every ounce of power out of the platform.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just open muffler up!

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just open muffler up!

oh, I probably will at some point. I just should have expected a saw that has double or triple the power of what I’ve used in the past to have more exhaust volume and associated heat.

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I cut pin oak with my good friend's Husky 562 and a 24" bar for three hours and had no problems with it at all. Here's a Pic:
View attachment 294216
I had to noodle cut all these rounds into halves and a few into quarters to load them, even though the wood was dry. August temp was pushing 100 F. I went through about four tanks of fuel. Saw performed very well -- A+.
I am up in Maine and no way would I be cutting in that heat! I guess I am part Husky dog because anything above 50 degrees or so starts getting too warm for me. You were cutting in 100 degree temps? Definite heat stroke territory!

BK13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am up in Maine and no way would I be cutting in that heat! I guess I am part Husky dog because anything above 50 degrees or so starts getting too warm for me. You were cutting in 100 degree temps? Definite heat stroke territory!

Right after I picked up my saw I was cutting in fairly humid 95° temps. It was kicking my backside… found out I had a mass in my lower intestine when I passed out at work. Apparently the mass was making me anemic. That was probably the worst firewood cutting in my life. 18” of my guts removed later, I feel better than I have in years.

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Right after I picked up my saw I was cutting in fairly humid 95° temps. It was kicking my backside… found out I had a mass in my lower intestine when I passed out at work. Apparently the mass was making me anemic. That was probably the worst firewood cutting in my life. 18” of my guts removed later, I feel better than I have in years.
Well I am glad you are healthy and hope you have a Merry Christmas. Believe me I know all about health scares!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it was heat stroke territory. I sweated right through that shirt. It was only 92 F when I started and reached over 100 three hours later on the last tank of fuel. I was glad the 562 never had any problems, especially during the noodle cutting. Even those chunks were loaded on board the pickup with a Tommy Lift.

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to revive the thread but my buddy is looking at getting either a 562xp or ms-400.

How’s the 562 been treating you?

Glad the doc could get you sorted out, doesn’t sound like much fun to be dealing with that. My dad had a section removed years ago, the process didn’t seem too enjoyable.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to revive the thread but my buddy is looking at getting either a 562xp or ms-400.

How’s the 562 been treating you?

Glad the doc could get you sorted out, doesn’t sound like much fun to be dealing with that. My dad had a section removed years ago, the process didn’t seem too enjoyable.
I think with a 20" in hardwood the 562 is great. If you need it to run a 24, I'd look for something else or get it ported. In soft wood, it does ok with a 24.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fwiw, Randy did up a new 562 for my BIL this summer. He runs a 24” on it in oak & hickory…plenty of power, and he loves it.
My ported one has a 24 on it and does great with it but I didn't like it stock with a 24.