Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ms310, replace piston; 660clone, replace top end; 460 Stihl, fix air filter that lets in lots of crud; port 266 cyl….

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who's Robert?
The building I work in is a 20 x 10 Mennonite built shed. 20 years ago, it belonged to Robert. Robert lived in the shed. He wired it, insulated it, and finished the interior with osb. Then, Robert met Kay.....and he moved into Kay's house. Another guy bought the land that the shed was on, and traded it to me for a hot tub. If you look closely, you can see where Robert tried to cut the heart where his name is out of the wall when he moved out of it.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The building I work in is a 20 x 10 Mennonite built shed. 20 years ago, it belonged to Robert. Robert lived in the shed. He wired it, insulated it, and finished the interior with osb. Then, Robert met Kay.....and he moved into Kay's house. Another guy bought the land that the shed was on, and traded it to me for a hot tub. If you look closely, you can see where Robert tried to cut the heart where his name is out of the wall when he moved out of it.

I noticed the heart, wasn't going to ask about it thou.

I figured the heart had some meaning to you, so didn't wanna put ya on the spot about it, an have it get all uncomfortable & such up in here.

Lol

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the heart, wasn't going to ask about it thou.

I figured the heart had some meaning to you, so didn't wanna put ya on the spot about it, an have it get all uncomfortable & such up in here.

Lol
Robert is a weird guy.....and I've not seen him in a great many years. The heart is not my doing, nor does it have any significance to me.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not sure I could even pick one of those up, much less cut with them 🤪
ran an 090 with 50” bar for about an hr when I was in my 30s…couldn’t feel my hands the rest of the day.

what the heck did you wrap that handle with…electrical tape?
The handle has a layer of foam pipe insulation covered in electrical tape with a final layer of cloth electrical tape. It came to me with the wrap looking that way, and even though I had to cut if off for it to get welded up I wanted to keep that look. It was acquired 2nd hand by a family member, it was sold, traded, and then sold to me so it has sentimental value for me. Plus, all that padding keeps the vibes to a manageable level.

buckin-wood

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on the bench... but for how long?

haha_nope.jpg

I like a challenge! I'm going to clean out all the mag rot, tig up the craters, spend hours sanding it smooth as a baby's bottom, blueprint the cases, and should be good to go?! suppose I should powder coat it while I'm at it. probably strip the other case half and powder coat it too, want to make sure the color matches after all.

actually I think I'm just going to toss it in the trash and get another case

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The handle has a layer of foam pipe insulation covered in electrical tape with a final layer of cloth electrical tape. It came to me with the wrap looking that way, and even though I had to cut if off for it to get welded up I wanted to keep that look. It was acquired 2nd hand by a family member, it was sold, traded, and then sold to me so it has sentimental value for me. Plus, all that padding keeps the vibes to a manageable level.
1000002666.jpg1000002665.jpg
Bike handlebar wrap, 266xp. Makes a nice anti-vibe handle and looks cool

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on the bench... but for how long?

View attachment 407874

I like a challenge! I'm going to clean out all the mag rot, tig up the craters, spend hours sanding it smooth as a baby's bottom, blueprint the cases, and should be good to go?! suppose I should powder coat it while I'm at it. probably strip the other case half and powder coat it too, want to make sure the color matches after all.

actually I think I'm just going to toss it in the trash and get another case
1000003149.jpg
Wanna do this one too? 🤣

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Until I get it all pressure washed I have no idea if it can be salvaged.
Bearing seats are all good so that's something :p
Shindaiwa 550
Piston, and crank are done. Cyl is iffy...
Might make it a 757, lol