What's on your bench?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No price is not a factor, I have yet to hear of them holding up in a work saw, I will stick with OEM bearings, spend my money on other improvements
That's most likely because not to many people have tried them in a work saw is my guess is why of not hearing of the longevity of them?

Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the issue with the ceramic bearings was rectified and the way to ensure you have the better quality bearings was by the color of the rollers.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This has come up in the past. IIRC the consensus was just what Dustin is saying. Now, if you like tearing into saws and trying things and experimenting, then press on and report back. Without a dyno, you will never be able to quantify any result. Just my .02 which nobody even axed four anyhow...

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can only comment on ceramic bearings in the cycling world. The problem is usually the metal race is not as hard as the ceramic bearing, and only the most expensive ones seem to last.

Also, it is very difficult to notice any difference. I doubt it will be worth the money, time, effort. However, if you wish to play, go for it. With the high RPMs of a chainsaw the results may be different.

FYI, for the bike, I researched and used the same brand that a Tour De France winner was using. A lot of work and expense, and I did not notice any difference at all.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not on the bench, just above it. Heat in the garage!

d964425d530fe03be1f12bd6cbe8a94f.jpg

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any of you folks tried this?

Got another call out of the blue from a small engine shop in Iowa. Guy working on 2083. Needed plastic worm winged gear and clutch springs.
Not given up anymore plastic worm gears to we get a source for 3d making them.
Clutch springs are just husky springs on the newer clutch and I informed him.

Also told him he might be able to use the metal worm gear on the later saws that had the plastic worm gear. Anyone did this?
I know the oilers are the same. Just wondering if room since different pto seal and bearing set up.

pwormgeartoola.png ppwormgear3.jpg ppwormgear.jpg

460 magnum

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Is it possible for a crank to be bent in a saw? Saw was not crushed or anything just the bearings went out due to bad seal. Reason I ask is when I put the case halves back together and spin the crank with out the bolts tight you can see the case halves moving away from each other and then back.