JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty sure that is the wrong rim. Should be 3/8P or something like that for Picco or low profile.
Please correct me if i wrong... i thought lp only refered to the cutter size and driver size was the same. And picco is Stihls lp version. But is it the same? Or interchangeable with lp?

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks man.
Do you use any on the seals or bearings?
Not on bearings. I put a thin coat on the outside of the seals. I'm sure 99% gets rubbed off when the seal gets installed but that remaining 1% will hopefully seal up and scratches or imperfections on the sealing surfaces.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please correct me if i wrong... i thought lp only refered to the cutter size and driver size was the same. And picco is Stihls lp version. But is it the same? Or interchangeable with lp?

The low pro/picco comes out to .365 iirc vs the full 3/8s being .375

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll take a stab at being helpful. It’s late, but I can’t sleep, so I apologize for my rambling.

Picco is definitely Stihl’s name for 3/8LP. However, 3/8 and 3/8LP is not 100% the same. The drivers on LP sit a little deeper into the rim, and technically needs its own rim designed for that. It’s a touch larger in diameter than a regular 3/8 rim.

I believe Gary @GCJenks204 is right about it being called a 3/8P rim. At least the Stihl oem version.

The 3/8P rim for the smaller saws is, to my limited knowledge, only made with Stihl’s MicroSpline, which does not fit your clutch drum, which I now suspect is a small spline after you changed it out. Small spline is a little bit bigger than micro.
If what you have now is a large spline drum, which I doubt, you can get 3/8P rims that fit those without a problem. Quite a few guys mill with 3/8LP, so large spline rims are definitely around.

The good thing is that on this great site of ours we have someone who modifies those 3/8P MicroSpline rims to fit small spline drums. @Homelite410

I went through the same dilemma trying to fit a Cannon SuperMini with 3/8LP to my Dolmar 5105, which has a small spline drum. I was fortunate to find someone who had one of those modified rims they could spare. Problem solved in my case.

As for your adjuster holes; I’d just take a Dremel to them and make them a little longer. I bet that chain will stretch enough to fit just fine after a few good cuts anyways.

I know some guys have ran 3/8LP chain on a regular 3/8 rim and say it works just fine, but I’ve never done that myself, so I can’t speak for how it actually works.

Someone please correct me if I’m giving out false information here. Lol

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll take a stab at being helpful. It’s late, but I can’t sleep, so I apologize for my rambling.

Picco is definitely Stihl’s name for 3/8LP. However, 3/8 and 3/8LP is not 100% the same. The drivers on LP sit a little deeper into the rim, and technically needs its own rim designed for that. It’s a touch larger in diameter than a regular 3/8 rim.

I believe Gary @GCJenks204 is right about it being called a 3/8P rim. At least the Stihl oem version.

The 3/8P rim for the smaller saws is, to my limited knowledge, only made with Stihl’s MicroSpline, which does not fit your clutch drum, which I now suspect is a small spline after you changed it out. Small spline is a little bit bigger than micro.
If what you have now is a large spline drum, which I doubt, you can get 3/8P rims that fit those without a problem. Quite a few guys mill with 3/8LP, so large spline rims are definitely around.

The good thing is that on this great site of ours we have someone who modifies those 3/8P MicroSpline rims to fit small spline drums. @Homelite410

I went through the same dilemma trying to fit a Cannon SuperMini with 3/8LP to my Dolmar 5105, which has a small spline drum. I was fortunate to find someone who had one of those modified rims they could spare. Problem solved in my case.

As for your adjuster holes; I’d just take a Dremel to them and make them a little longer. I bet that chain will stretch enough to fit just fine after a few good cuts anyways.

I know some guys have ran 3/8LP chain on a regular 3/8 rim and say it works just fine, but I’ve never done that myself, so I can’t speak for how it actually works.

Someone please correct me if I’m giving out false information here. Lol
Very good info if ur correct:p and thank u!
So ur saying i have the small spline most likely, i need to look for micro. I check led HLSupply and couldnt find such thing. Couldnt even find under 210/250/yada/yada all the others that fall in the same catagory a lp version. It was either .325 or 3/8. The grinding adjuster hole sounds good except i remember the last bar i WAYNES WORLD'ED! Lol! And it wouldnt take much to strech the chain. I could prob remove the adjuster and get it stretched in no time. Im at the point in the game i wanna do thing rite and then realize i know how to modify later. Is there a site wer most guys use for parts other than HLS and LCS? Id like to find a site that has mostly OEM STUFF instead of the other way around. And im sure i dont know how to use the sites properly to begin with...its just frustrating.....I got in to this hobby to relax:D

axeandwedge

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Flat tops on my Bench
76ac30a816a0fa597d6abd6b6722f1e6.jpg
451e5427718494fed819632238bc1fa5.jpg

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2159 needs a rebuild p/c are pretty clean and should clean up nice. Very little scoring, ring was still free. Probably clean both up and just put a new ring in. Bearings feel ok ,but we'll see about them later. First redhead ,should fit in nicely with the 346 365 371 and 372.
1951a8563ce14dd033005e9b5d9a52c3.jpg
2abe5bd427d4a1ee622cc2b78cbfdea0.jpg
24c8162792521bdc82720cb81e9bb92d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

J. Loe

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not on bearings. I put a thin coat on the outside of the seals. I'm sure 99% gets rubbed off when the seal gets installed but that remaining 1% will hopefully seal up and scratches or imperfections on the sealing surfaces.

Fantastic!

I thank you sir.